jack

why people think king sombre is a villain

sombre isn't a villain,he's a victim of bullies,lies and loss:

bullies: the foals who bullied him 

lies: the ponies who KNEW the suffering that sombre'd feel after the 'crystal heart' insedent....but did nothing about it

loss: radiant hope,the only one who truly liked him as him,went away from him

no-one else will understand,but i do

Because a sad story is not justification for enslavement of an entire empire and waging war against others. Also the sad story is comic canon which is questionable when it comes to the show.   

• Like 3

guess your right, but i am not saying what he did was good,im just saying he had reasons to do what he did 

Well, I-

10 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

Because a sad story is not justification for enslavement of an entire empire and waging war against others. Also the sad story is comic canon which is questionable when it comes to the show.   

Okay, this. Without the questionably-canon comics, Sombra in the show is a two-dimensional villanous overlord who wants to wage war because. With the questionbaly-canon comics... it doesn't justify his actions. I'll mourn the child's innocence lost while stopping the villain from causing more grief and harm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jack said:

sombre isn't a villain,he's a victim of bullies,lies and loss:

bullies: the foals who bullied him 

lies: the ponies who KNEW the suffering that sombre'd feel after the 'crystal heart' insedent....but did nothing about it

loss: radiant hope,the only one who truly liked him as him,went away from him

no-one else will understand,but i do

Put it this way: have you seem the James Bond film GoldenEye? The main villain in that had a similar sob story and was still a smug asshole who wanted to enact his revenge on innocent, just like King Sombra.

• Like 2

He has Kingdom Hearts-esque powers.

Can't get more villainous than that. Sorry.

Though admittedly I liked his Redemption in the comics SO MUCH MORE than other so-called 'Redemptions' in the show (Starlight, Trixie, & Discord)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

Though admittedly I liked his Redemption in the comics SO MUCH MORE than other so-called 'Redemptions' in the show (Starlight, Trixie, & Discord)

Why was it better?

3 minutes ago, WaterPulse said:

Why was it better?

I'm really not going to go through this again with you. I'm really not.

Anyway I miss-typed. I really didn't mean 'better.' What I meant was that it was done better. Not better per-se, just done better.

8 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

I'm really not going to go through this again with you. I'm really not.

Anyway I miss-typed. I really didn't mean 'better.' What I meant was that it was done better. Not better per-se, just done better.

I still want to know. I'm asking because I don't remember you explaining it.

(Either that or I have the memory of a friggin' goldfish. Which is more than possible in my case.)

5 minutes ago, Mystic Thunder said:

Why do I get the feeling we all fell for one of the biggest trolls in this fandom? :facedesk: 

Nah, I doubt he's a troll. Trolls usually enjoy what they do and stop when they're bored, then move on to the next big thing to make fun of.

is it too late for me to toss my hat into the ring?

i have never read the comics though i do know that sombra in the show did these things

he declared war on equestria

enslaved innocent ponies

how does being bullied lied to and experinecing loss justify his actions?

it dont

he is an evil warlord who only wants power and doesnt care who he hurts in the process

to him everyone is a target

he enacted revenge on the innocent

hes not misunderstood hes flat out cruel

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

Like I said, not going through this again.

:newspaper:

I went back and it turns out you did explain it, specifically in the "To Change A Changeling" topic. I still disagree with some parts, but, you did give an explanation nonetheless. So yeah, that was me being an idiot earlier in this topic and I apologize for that screw up.