Winter Shimmer

The movie in original version.

Heya :) 

I’m a frenchie and I wanna know if in other countries than USA, we will have the original version with subtitles (you can’t even imagine how much the french voices are horrible ! ) 

Kisses 

Winter Shimmer

Can't speak for France, but in Germany (or at least in the cinema of my hometown) we didn't get the original with subtitles. Maybe in the bigger towns where it'd be worth running it for more than a couple screenings, but it doesn't seem like they are doing it in general.

Won't hurt to look out, though. Maybe a movie theatre near you will do a special one time screening for Bronies. Was hoping for one around here...

• Sad 1

Unfortunately, I like the french version, so I think this is sad to blame this version like that without giving it a chance...

Then dl it. But yea, pretty sad.

• Confused 1

How close are the french ones to the original voices? Because I can see the point in not liking them if they differ too much, even if the dub is actually quite good. For example, Rarity has a really good voice in the german dub as well, but it gives the character a completly different feel. Rainbow is closer to the original now, but wasn't for the first few seasons. She actually had one of the best german voice actresses back then, but it still didn't work as well as the second or the original one.

1 hour ago, Bakaarion said:

Unfortunately, I like the french version, so I think this is sad to blame this version like that without giving it a chance...

Then dl it. But yea, pretty sad.

I’ll maybe give it a try :( 

Makes sense, from what I remember from my incorrect and insensitive stereotypes, French media hate English in any form. Germany had only like 4 cinemas in the entire country with subs which was surprise for me since I know that Germans dub every single thing. This is odd to me because in my country we only dub cartoons for kids and yes sadly that means MLP is dub only.

So what are your options? The paragon choice is to wait until bluray/DVD is out for sale (half a year I think?) since surely you can buy English MLP online. The renegade choice on the other hand is to watch the leaked version which is already out.

1 hour ago, NerdusMaximus said:

How close are the french ones to the original voices? Because I can see the point in not liking them if they differ too much, even if the dub is actually quite good. For example, Rarity has a really good voice in the german dub as well, but it gives the character a completly different feel. Rainbow is closer to the original now, but wasn't for the first few seasons. She actually had one of the best german voice actresses back then, but it still didn't work as well as the second or the original one.

Yes, I love to compare the versions, and characters are different. I consider the English one as the best globally (probably not because of the voices, but because there is no translations), but I also consider that the English one have some weakness, like spike (hmmm, baby dragon voice, not really...), or Applejack (this pretty boring accent put her in the world of the background ponies).

In another hand, the songs, are the main weakness of the other languages. It's so difficult to translate it, I even think it's impossible for part of them.

So yes, personality can change a bit with the translation and the acting but imo, it's not something bad, it's a different point of view, and it's nice to compare.

If you guys are curious, check this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW0z--1H_GLl2DmaqppGUNw

29 minutes ago, Winter Shimmer said:

I’ll maybe give it a try :( 

If you're not this out of money, it would be good to support the movie at least. I've watched it and, even if it's full of shortcomings, I think it's not a bad movie, and it deserve to be supported. And even these ones usually watching the original show, it seems that they appreciated it.

43 minutes ago, Bakaarion said:

or Applejack (this pretty boring accent put her in the world of the background ponies).

But, but, but I love her charming Tennessee accent. It is one of the reasons why she is my favorite pony next to Rarity. Spike voice I can't say I care that much bit I do think it fits Spike, thought Cathy Weseluck is very talented actress and she does great Mayor Mare and Coco.

Yes, but according to the fandom, Applejack is usually low ranked emote.AJdoubt.png And personally, it's because I didn't watch the English version first that I rank her second after RD.

It's not because of the acting, they all are very good actress/actors imo.

3 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

If you're not this out of money, it would be good to support the movie at least. I've watched it and, even if it's full of shortcomings, I think it's not a bad movie, and it deserve to be supported. And even these ones usually watching the original show, it seems that they appreciated it.

As a very regular cinema guest, I'd technically be more than willing to do that...if it wasn't for the fact that the dubbed version will be mostly visited by kids, which can be rather annoying. I already had my share of animated movies with screaming children throwing around with popcorn this year.

A seperate streaming in english with subtitles would've been pretty much "Bronies only", which I wouldn't have thought twice about, but like this...not right now. In a month or two, when every kid in town has dragged their parents into it often enough for them to say "Sorry, dear, but 3 times the charm, not 10", I'll probably attend a screening. By then, it should be quieter and easier to enjoy.

But one way or another, I'll support them by getting a copy on DVD or Blu-ray once it's out.

2 hours ago, NerdusMaximus said:

As a very regular cinema guest, I'd technically be more than willing to do that...if it wasn't for the fact that the dubbed version will be mostly visited by kids, which can be rather annoying. I already had my share of animated movies with screaming children throwing around with popcorn this year.

A seperate streaming in english with subtitles would've been pretty much "Bronies only", which I wouldn't have thought twice about, but like this...not right now. In a month or two, when every kid in town has dragged their parents into it often enough for them to say "Sorry, dear, but 3 times the charm, not 10", I'll probably attend a screening. By then, it should be quieter and easier to enjoy.

But one way or another, I'll support them by getting a copy on DVD or Blu-ray once it's out.

Of course nopony is forced.

I watched it, and I was alone, no one brony, just kids with their parents... Yes, awkward. But I really enjoyed to watch it. I though that the kids would be kind of jerks during the movie, because they was shouting during the ads and the trailers... But finally... They was very calm. Of course when there were some kid jokes, they laughed loudly, but that was short and not annoying.

I was very surprised.

I rarely do to theater too ! But this time I just go to watch it again, and again ! Not especially for supporting, but because I really enjoy it. Yeah, I know, It's not a masterpiece of animation and story, but I'mm too fan of the show.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:02 AM, Winter Shimmer said:

Is it absolutely necessary to be up to date with FiM before seeing the movie ? :3

Not really, it's perfectly enjoyable as a stand alone, but knowing the characters backstories certainly helps.