NerdusMaximus

Have any of you played both Breath of the Wilds and Horizon?

Because earlier this year, I played both, starting with Zelda. I found many people who played either, but only very few who played both of them yet.

Even now, I'm having a hard time deciding which one I liked more, since both of them had their benefits as well as their mistakes (in both cases very few, you probably won't even notice most of them until you see the other game doing it better).

Played both of them, and I love them both and are easily top games of the year. But if I had to pick one. BOTW barely beats Horizon, but that's mostly because I'm kinda biased for Zelda

2 hours ago, Megas75 said:

Played both of them, and I love them both and are easily top games of the year. But if I had to pick one. BOTW barely beats Horizon, but that's mostly because I'm kinda biased for Zelda

I think it would probably be Zelda for me to, because one of the advantages it had over Horizon was the climbing...and of course the gliding. If you wanted to get from A to B, the straight line was always an option. ALWAYS (except for boss areas not accessible right away being in the way). I once spent half an hour climbing from a ravine all the way up to the top of a mountain simply to see if I could actually get all the way up there. I could, and it was worth every second.

One advantage of Horizon, though, was that you could use your weapons (or at least the close combat one) more freely without it breaking all the time, which really annoyed me about Zelda.

By the way, was it just me, or did you hardly use the mounts in both games as well? In Zelda, climbing, gliding and teleporting were much more fun than riding, and in Horizon I had to dismount about every 15 seconds to collect stuff, because you couldn't do that on the mount.