TaliaKirana

Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree

1195726__safe_equestria+girls_screencap_

We glamping now.

large.jpeg

Reminds me of Frankenmuth, I wonder if it smells as much like fried chicken there as it does in Michigan's not-at-all-subtle German tourist trap town.

1195735__safe_tree_background_scenery_ro

110d08267b96909a59297c63594c9054cacdd4c1

The environment artists for this one really had a field day. If this is any indication of what to expect of the movie, I'm even more hyped.

Also Mane 7 seems to be officially a thing now. Sweet.:sunset:

Would you believe some people are already complaining that about the fact Sci-Twi looks to be an important part of the plot? I'm not surprised. Poor girl has likely still got issues from what went down in the last movie. I think it would bug me more if they had her sweep the whole Midnight Sparkle incident under the rug and act like it didn't happen.

On 7/8/2016 at 1:32 PM, TaliaKirana said:

Would you believe some people are already complaining that about the fact Sci-Twi looks to be an important part of the plot? I'm not surprised. Poor girl has likely still got issues from what went down in the last movie. I think it would bug me more if they had her sweep the whole Midnight Sparkle incident under the rug and act like it didn't happen.

People will find any reason to complain, which is stupid, thus they're stupid.

I'm definitely all for this, this movie series is one of the few examples I can think of where sequels actually got better, not worse, which is rare in a lot of cartoons and animated movies. Although something does kind of nag at the back of my head: Since it has been proven that a pony and a human both exist in their parallel worlds, and the Sunset we know was originally a pony, where is her actual human counterpart?

6 hours ago, AaronMk said:

Hide contents

1195939__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

btfo Glimmerfans. :^)

1195873__safe_equestria+girls_sunset+shi

>Redemption

Wololo

1195924__safe_equestria+girls_toy_flash+

No comment.

large.png

1197615__safe_solo_clothes_equestria+gir

Hide contents

Spittake.gif

2 hours ago, AaronMk said:

1196028__safe_equestria+girls_screencap_

From Derpi comments: Looks like she has her own spectrometer. Those can run for 5k or more.

I'm not surprised she has a small laboratory in here and I'd wager this setup wouldn't go lower than 10 grand. Crystal Prep sounded and looked like one of those super expensive private schools anyway, so it's no surprise her parents have to be pretty wealthy. It's either that or Grant money, but I somehow doubt she'd manage to get a grant for scientific research that early.

You know what fanon I hate regarding EqG 'verse? That pony Sunset killed her human counterpart. I tend to think either there is no EqG!Sunset, or she lives on the other side of the country. (And could even be an old lady.) Now, I don't mind fanon that states she's dead by other means. I just hate the one that turns pony Sunset into a killer.

First proper trailer for Legend of Everfree! - Huh, so now the EqG group are going full magical girl/superhero now? I know Twilight in the trailer is laying blame on Gaia (not helped by Timber Spruce telling that story)... but I bet it turns out the abilities are all theirs. Gaia might be boosting them/waking them faster. I'm also calling that Gaia's not the real villain and is being set up by something else. I caught a glimpse of something with a very different and Chrysalis-esque hairstyle shown from behind. I think Gaia is the protector of their world's Tree of Harmony (or equivalent). This other thing wants her driven away so they can either steal its power or destroy it.

There's a few bits about EqG in this summary of the MLP panel from SDCC. - Notably, they hinted that EqG!Sunset could exist.

So the villain is some sort of aggressive forest spirit.

Well, just remember kiddos...

And remember to roll.

New promo clip for Legend of Everfree.

Sci-Twi's got issues. That was a heck of a clip to release. (I suspect it's one of the first scenes in the movie.)

EDIT: Two more clips released today!

On the last one, I pity Flash. The girl he crushed on is beyond his reach and her twin doesn't even know him or care. That's got to hurt.

Edited by TaliaKirana
More clips!

Fourth promo clip!

This one's going to make some people mad. Sci-Twi's clearly crushing on Timber. (It's normal for teens to crush on someone older than them.) It is a tad bit creepy Timber was flirting with her, considering he's one of the people in charge. (Raising my suspicion he's the villain/working for the villain.)

Clip number five!

Well, that included a character I wasn't expecting to see. EqG!Filthy Rich. I guess we know who's intending to buy the place if the fundraiser fails. (Remember, the earliest synopsis mentioned the camp was in financial trouble.) I think I can guess at the reason for the tension between Gloriousa and Timber now. Timber wants to just take Mr. Rich's offer and get out, Gloriousa wants to try and save the camp.

With all these clips you might as well release the whole damn movie! 

Also worth noting that the film is now officially complete and handed off to Hasbro... And now, we wait 2 months for an actual release. *sits patiently in a corner*

On August 23, 2016 at 0:15 PM, TaliaKirana said:

I didn't until I really thought about it. If he wasn't one of the people running the place, it would depend on ages whether it was creepy or not.

I never thought about the ages but I did think it was creepy because I feel he may be (one of) the antagonist(s) of EQG4 and he knew twilight had magic and wants to use that magic for not so good things and basically I feel he may not have any real feelings for twilight. 

When I learned that EG4 will focus on a "Summer Camp" i was really, really worried about it's plot.

I loved EG 1 - 3, but a "Summer Camp"?

Luckily the trailers were extremly promising and now I'm looking forward to it as much as I did to "Rainbow Rocks".