TaliaKirana

Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree

I've listened to the soundtrack a few times since it released and I really like it. "Midnight in Me" may be short but it's quite pretty and says so much about how EqG!Twilight feels at the movie's start. (Silly girl, Sunset would understand. She's been where you are.) It seems to confirm Twilight's major conflict for this movie is her running from her new powers, terrified of going Midnight again. (So when we heard her blaming Gaia in the trailer, that was her trying to avoid the thought the powers might be all them.) I love "Embrace The Magic." (Sunset's finally getting a solo in one of the movies, rather than a short.) It's the good parallel to "Unleash The Magic." Seems Sunset is encouraging them all to accept their new powers, not just Twilight. "We Will Stand for Everfree" is a fantastic villain song from Gloriosa. I get the feeling she's not possessed, but found a way to steal some magic for herself to use to keep the camp. "Legend You Are Meant to Be" is the song we've been hearing in the trailers and the full thing is really nice. "Hope Shines Eternal" is clearly the end credits song.

Man, I can't wait to see the whole movie!

It's actually airing in Brazil right now.

Oh boy, *straps on helmet* Time to go under until the official release, I hate having to dodge spoilers because of stuff like this. :fluttersmith:

Guess we'll endure, long as we get more Sunset.:sunset:

On 7/22/2016 at 4:01 PM, AaronMk said:

So the villain is some sort of aggressive forest spirit.

Well, just remember kiddos...

And remember to roll.

.................How pleasant.....:?

tumblr_npi0ywB6dA1s0b3e7o1_540.jpg

Twilight got a date, Flash wants to go back with Sunset... I think I know what the next movie will be about!

I find it a little fast thou, Twilight went from being a loner with zero friends to a date? I don't think she have the social skills to pull it off. Or maybe I'm just projecting ~lol

Edited by Dsiak
trying to put a image there lol

I always found the Flash hate to be dumb. I liked his little moments in this one, and that he at least knows he needs to move on from Twilight. It would have been easy (from a story perspective) to have him double down on chasing this new Twilight for more drama. I actually want to see him get to know the reformed Sunset and the other girls.

• Like 1

I thought timber's flirting was a little creepy. He definitely is more flirtatious than Flash Sentry. I don't ship, but I will say that Sunset and Flash are a cute couple. There are going to be a ton of timberlight/twimber ships in the fandom now.

• Like 1

I finally got around to watching Legend of Everfree on Netflix, and words alone can't describe how epic it was. I'm going to have to watch it at least one or two more times before I can write an actual review of it.

:sunset:

So I watched the movie, and the story is really good. And despite being spoiled there was still a huge amount that I was still surprised at so it was good. I just have one little beef, so spoilers ahead. As someone that's been a camp worker/leader before, I was kinda horrified when Timber started crushing on Twilight, and the romance between them. If it was in the real world, there was so many rules and perhaps even laws he violated. Do we even know how old he is? I'm fairly certain you have to be a certain age to be leading a camp for teenagers. And considering the age of what Twilight would be.

Lauren_Faust's_explanation_about_main_6_

It just gives me the creeps, not a fan of the canonisation of the Twilight/Timber ship at all.

2 hours ago, Dream Nation said:

So I watched the movie, and the story is really good. And despite being spoiled there was still a huge amount that I was still surprised at so it was good. I just have one little beef, so spoilers ahead. As someone that's been a camp worker/leader before, I was kinda horrified when Timber started crushing on Twilight, and the romance between them. If it was in the real world, there was so many rules and perhaps even laws he violated. Do we even know how old he is? I'm fairly certain you have to be a certain age to be leading a camp for teenagers. And considering the age of what Twilight would be.

Lauren_Faust's_explanation_about_main_6_

It just gives me the creeps, not a fan of the canonisation of the Twilight/Timber ship at all.

I was wondering this as well but from what i gathered from clues in the movie i think they're meant to be roughly the same age. I think Gloriosa is meant to be the older sibling and is the one who actually runs/owns the camp and Timber just likes to help her out. If you remember, Gloriosa was the one behind the desk during the flashback near the end.

I think the girls in EG are meant to be between the ages of 16-18 based on more clues from the other movie. I mean, Flash and DJ Pon-3 have their own cars and i think you have to be at least 16 to have a full license in some parts of the US and Canada (i don't know, i live in the UK where you have to be 17 unless it's a moped which is 16). Personally, i think Timber must either be 17 or 18 because of this which i think is old enough to help out at a camp like Everfree.

Anyway, this is all speculation so make of it what you will.

• Like 1

I think the film had a fair amount to like about it. Most of the songs were enjoyable, the environment was fun, and the entire Mane 7 seemed to have legitimate moments to shine that didn't feel too tacked on or cursory. I also appreciated that the climax was a true team effort. AJ, Fluttershy, Rarity, Dash, and Pinkie stepping up sans the other two was a nice touch. 

14 hours ago, SUP3R Toastr said:

I was wondering this as well but from what i gathered from clues in the movie i think they're meant to be roughly the same age. I think Gloriosa is meant to be the older sibling and is the one who actually runs/owns the camp and Timber just likes to help her out. If you remember, Gloriosa was the one behind the desk during the flashback near the end.

I think the girls in EG are meant to be between the ages of 16-18 based on more clues from the other movie. I mean, Flash and DJ Pon-3 have their own cars and i think you have to be at least 16 to have a full license in some parts of the US and Canada (i don't know, i live in the UK where you have to be 17 unless it's a moped which is 16). Personally, i think Timber must either be 17 or 18 because of this which i think is old enough to help out at a camp like Everfree.

Anyway, this is all speculation so make of it what you will.

Certainly don't expect Twilight to be 12 :? But if human world truly reflects pony world, Twilight is still young in comparison to the rest of the mane 6 (Cutie mark chronicles shows that with the mane 6 (excluding Twilight and Pinkie) already attending school, with Twilight applying to start, and in the human world it wouldn't surprise me if she skipped a grade or two). But even if age wasn't a factor, it's still breaking many a rule when being a leader. (My inner camp safety officer senses are rubbed the wrong way by this ship.)

But it's Camp Everfree, where you can do anything. *Eyebrow waggle*

I thought that guy was creepy too, but in a different way. Like, does he do this EVERY year? Dude was laying it on VERY thick right from the start. With all the other girls at the camp, he hones in on the insecure, troubled girl? Oh god, it's a good thing I can't write for crap. It's starting to sound like the premise of a REAL dark fic. But it's probably nothing. I'm sure he's really a great guy, right?........ Right?

Having seen the whole thing, Timber doesn't strike me as being that old. 17, at most. (I don't think he flirts with every camper. He came off very much as the young guy being over the top trying to impress the girl.) I suspect he's only working at the camp because it's family-owned and Gloriosa couldn't afford any other help. (Which is probably why the dock was in such poor shape.)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dream Nation said:

Certainly don't expect Twilight to be 12 :? But if human world truly reflects pony world, Twilight is still young in comparison to the rest of the mane 6 (Cutie mark chronicles shows that with the mane 6 (excluding Twilight and Pinkie) already attending school, with Twilight applying to start, and in the human world it wouldn't surprise me if she skipped a grade or two).

I don't think Twilight was starting school in CMC i think it was more like she was moving up to a school more suiting of her talents, remember her mentioning magic kindergarten? The foals in that flashback looked younger than when she first started CSfGU so i'll assume she'd have had at least some schooling experience before becoming Celestia's student.

In Friendship Games the same thing was about to happen to our Sci-Twi but was put on hold when she transferred to CHS. Until it is confirmed she was moved ahead a couple of grades, i will assume she's the same age as the rest of the girls.

15 hours ago, Dream Nation said:

But even if age wasn't a factor, it's still breaking many a rule when being a leader. (My inner camp safety officer senses are rubbed the wrong way by this ship.)

True and i think this will be the thing that'd end the relationship if it came to light.

Again, i'm going from UK rules here and i have no idea if it's exactly the same everywhere but as long as they're both similar ages (which you know i think they are) then it's not necessarily illegal for them to be in a relationship, just immoral.

Here, people in positions of care are forbidden from engaging in romantic entanglements with the people they are meant to be caring for, even if they're no longer in a position to care for them anymore. Like i said, depending on the complications brought about by the engagement, it's not necessarily illegal and will probably only end with you losing your job and forbidden from taking a position of care again.

I agree with what TaliaKirana said though in that i believe Everfree being a family owned camp, Timber probably isn't a proper employee and is just volunteering his time to help his sister out so he likely falls into a grey area in that regard.

Tbh, we'll never know until it's brought up in the movies and i doubt that'll happen.

8 hours ago, TaliaKirana said:

Having seen the whole thing, Timber doesn't strike me as being that old. 17, at most. (I don't think he flirts with every camper. He came off very much as the young guy being over the top trying to impress the girl.) I suspect he's only working at the camp because it's family-owned and Gloriosa couldn't afford any other help. (Which is probably why the dock was in such poor shape.)

Also consider that they had to pay rent to Filthy Rich to keep the camp open--I suspect they had to pay a lot each time he came calling.