TaliaKirana

Equestria Girls: Legend of Everfree

On 2016-10-02 at 1:21 AM, Dream Nation said:

So I watched the movie, and the story is really good. And despite being spoiled there was still a huge amount that I was still surprised at so it was good. I just have one little beef, so spoilers ahead. As someone that's been a camp worker/leader before, I was kinda horrified when Timber started crushing on Twilight, and the romance between them. If it was in the real world, there was so many rules and perhaps even laws he violated. Do we even know how old he is? I'm fairly certain you have to be a certain age to be leading a camp for teenagers. And considering the age of what Twilight would be.

Lauren_Faust's_explanation_about_main_6_

It just gives me the creeps, not a fan of the canonisation of the Twilight/Timber ship at all.

Based on the first Equestria Girls movie I'd say they're all 17-18.

But since we're on this subject allow me to bring up Shining Armor who's 21-22 (As he participated in the Friendship Games 4 years prior to Twilight) while Cadence on the other hand is a Dean. A very high up position in school administration which takes quite a number of years to get to. And if she was Shining Armor's age she'd still be in university.

Your Canon Couple everyone. Have fun with that info!

As for that tweet, Word of Faust no longer applies to the show. Ever since she left the show at season 2, it's been de-canonizing her head canons further and further. In fact if you look at Granny Smith's history the show implies that the Ponies either have the same lifespan as a human or an even longer lifespan.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Amazing Coffee Pony said:

But since we're on this subject allow me to bring up Shining Armor who's 21-22 (As he participated in the Friendship Games 4 years prior to Twilight) while Cadence on the other hand is a Dean. A very high up position in school administration which takes quite a number of years to get to. And if she was Shining Armor's age she'd still be in university.

Your Canon Couple everyone. Have fun with that info!

Can i ask, where did you get this information from?

5 hours ago, The Amazing Coffee Pony said:

As for that tweet, Word of Faust no longer applies to the show. Ever since she left the show at season 2, it's been de-canonizing her head canons further and further. In fact if you look at Granny Smith's history the show implies that the Ponies either have the same lifespan as a human or an even longer lifespan.

Damn right! I'm not against Faust but i'm sick of people saying the show is bad just because her word isn't necessarily canon anymore, half of them already decided that the moment she left the show at the end of season 2 without even seeing an episode of S3!

Besides, i always thought that ponies lived the same lifespan as us humans. Since horses only live to 30 if they're very lucky, it was too depressing to think of it the way Faust did.

There's always this scene that de-canonises her idea further:

By horse years, Sweetie Belle would already be an adult.

I wrote a review of Legend of Everfree and posted it on my FimFiction account. I figured I'd post a link instead of copy and paste it here. It's perhaps the longest review I've ever written, and was definitely an enjoyable experience for me.

http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/678781/equestria-girls-legend-of-everfree-review-major-spoiler-warning

On 10/4/2016 at 2:56 AM, strangephantasm said:

But it's Camp Everfree, where you can do anything. *Eyebrow waggle*

I thought that guy was creepy too, but in a different way. Like, does he do this EVERY year? Dude was laying it on VERY thick right from the start. With all the other girls at the camp, he hones in on the insecure, troubled girl? Oh god, it's a good thing I can't write for crap. It's starting to sound like the premise of a REAL dark fic. But it's probably nothing. I'm sure he's really a great guy, right?........ Right?

Sunset has Twilight's back if something goes wrong, but it would be  great if the problem doesn't happen in the first place.

On 10/4/2016 at 4:58 AM, TaliaKirana said:

Having seen the whole thing, Timber doesn't strike me as being that old. 17, at most. (I don't think he flirts with every camper. He came off very much as the young guy being over the top trying to impress the girl.) I suspect he's only working at the camp because it's family-owned and Gloriosa couldn't afford any other help. (Which is probably why the dock was in such poor shape.)

You kind of don't want leaders that are the same age as campers, especially since they are teenagers. As someone who's worked in that area (and still have family working there), I've seen plenty of issues arise because of it, INCLUDING a leader hooking up with a camper (that didn't end well).

If he's just helping out, and not officially a leader, that's not as bad because there's no legal ties. But it raises the question of this is a summer camp or a camp being run during the term, because which school does he go to if he is the same age (cause he doesn't seem like the type of person to drop out of school to me)?

Anyways. I could just be looking too deep into it. I'm actually fairly certain I am.

On 10/4/2016 at 7:29 AM, SUP3R Toastr said:

I don't think Twilight was starting school in CMC i think it was more like she was moving up to a school more suiting of her talents, remember her mentioning magic kindergarten? The foals in that flashback looked younger than when she first started CSfGU so i'll assume she'd have had at least some schooling experience before becoming Celestia's student.

In Friendship Games the same thing was about to happen to our Sci-Twi but was put on hold when she transferred to CHS. Until it is confirmed she was moved ahead a couple of grades, i will assume she's the same age as the rest of the girls.

True and i think this will be the thing that'd end the relationship if it came to light.

Again, i'm going from UK rules here and i have no idea if it's exactly the same everywhere but as long as they're both similar ages (which you know i think they are) then it's not necessarily illegal for them to be in a relationship, just immoral.

Here, people in positions of care are forbidden from engaging in romantic entanglements with the people they are meant to be caring for, even if they're no longer in a position to care for them anymore. Like i said, depending on the complications brought about by the engagement, it's not necessarily illegal and will probably only end with you losing your job and forbidden from taking a position of care again.

I agree with what TaliaKirana said though in that i believe Everfree being a family owned camp, Timber probably isn't a proper employee and is just volunteering his time to help his sister out so he likely falls into a grey area in that regard.

Tbh, we'll never know until it's brought up in the movies and i doubt that'll happen.

I have a huge theory on ages. I will probably post a separate thread somewhere cause I don't want to go off on a tangent.

I'm going from Australian rules, and it sounds very much the same.

Considering Equestria Girl's record, they'll probably go back to the school for the next movie, which makes me wonder if Timber will even rank a mention next time.

19 hours ago, Dream Nation said:

Sunset has Twilight's back if something goes wrong, but it would be  great if the problem doesn't happen in the first place.

You kind of don't want leaders that are the same age as campers, especially since they are teenagers. As someone who's worked in that area (and still have family working there), I've seen plenty of issues arise because of it, INCLUDING a leader hooking up with a camper (that didn't end well).

If he's just helping out, and not officially a leader, that's not as bad because there's no legal ties. But it raises the question of this is a summer camp or a camp being run during the term, because which school does he go to if he is the same age (cause he doesn't seem like the type of person to drop out of school to me)?

Anyways. I could just be looking too deep into it. I'm actually fairly certain I am.

I have a huge theory on ages. I will probably post a separate thread somewhere cause I don't want to go off on a tangent.

I'm going from Australian rules, and it sounds very much the same.

Considering Equestria Girl's record, they'll probably go back to the school for the next movie, which makes me wonder if Timber will even rank a mention next time.

Perhaps, they might go with another location just to get the feeling of it started.

Alright, finally managed to watch this one! :gleepony:

... Hello? ...

:wait: Guys?

... Oh man am I late to the party or what?

Anywho, I'll just start off by stating that, that was awesome.

Legend of Everfree manages to tie Rainbow Rocks as my favorite EQG movie, those two are probably above the show itself at this point.

A new set of Elements of Harmony and a very stable introduction to magic is very interesting and gives them a great launching point for further exploration into the EQG verse. The camp location itself was excellently done, the environment artists really knocked it out of the park. Story was really nice and not at all what I expected after seeing the preview videos. The BGM and songs were amazing, Daniel Ingram wasn't kidding. Sci-twi is starting to grow on me after this one, but I'd still rather have Pony Princess Twilight over Sci-Twi. And by the gods, Flash actually received some character, what's this world coming to?

Oh, and of course props for Sunset Shimmer being awesome. :sunset:

That said, it did have a few shortcomings. The pacing was kind of crap up until about the middle of the movie and the Sci-Twi x Timber ship felt like they were trying to push it a little too hard with all the flirting those two did. While I honestly don't care for this ship it does feel like it had much more substance than Flashlight and Timber's a much more rounded out character than Flash ever was. The writers definitely took this one much further than before, really throwing a whole lot of subtlety out the window in the process, so I expect this to resurface during the 2017 Specials.

I'd give Legend of Everfree a solid 9.3/10.