Snide Ways

Seen the movie more than once?

I was just curious if anyone here has seen the movie more than once. It's been two times for myself and I think I'll round it out with a third tomorrow (it helps the theater MLP toys are awesome too).

Once is enough for me, I reckon. If anything, I can always watch the majesty that is "Open Up Your Eyes" anytime on YouTube.

But what's this about MLP toys at the theater? Does your theater hand out MLP toys when you see the movie??

16 hours ago, Vinny Schway said:

Once is enough for me, I reckon. If anything, I can always watch the majesty that is "Open Up Your Eyes" anytime on YouTube.

But what's this about MLP toys at the theater? Does your theater hand out MLP toys when you see the movie??

At the Galaxy Cinemas in Canada, they are selling the Mane 6 figurines on pedestals sculpted in their movie style art. It's part of a pop/popcorn combo for 11$ CDN. I felt it was worth it for that and the collectors plastic drink cup.

hMGCL9K.jpg

3 hours ago, Snide Ways said:

At the Galaxy Cinemas in Canada, they are selling the Mane 6 figurines on pedestals sculpted in their movie style art. It's part of a pop/popcorn combo for 11$ CDN. I felt it was worth it for that and the collectors plastic drink cup.

hMGCL9K.jpg

That's pretty dope.

I went to a Galaxy Cinema here in California, but they weren't selling anything like that. Must've been a city/regional thing.

• Like 1

Hoping with fingers crossed I can smooth talk getting all six, the quality is excellent considering they're basically McToys. That reminds me, McDonalds still has MLP Movie stuff. I think I'll see about buying a few.

I saw the movie three days in a row during its first weekend in theaters. While my first viewing left me very disappointed and depressed because of all the hype I had prior, I left my 2nd and 3rd viewing enjoying the movie for what it was despite some of its problems.

...and I also downloaded the leak after my 3rd viewing because I already supported the movie seeing it three friggin' times in a row with the intention of buying the Blu-Ray on release day, so damn it, I'm getting the movie on my phone!

I also wanted those theater toppers, but none of the theaters I saw the movie at had them and I'm not sure if they're worth $37 on eBay to warrant the purchase. Plus, I wouldn't really have anywhere to put them either on account of all the other crap filling up my room. Although I'd probably end up using at least one of the cups for my drinks every so often.

• Like 1

Haha, I'm not the only one crazy enough to watch it more than once. I watched both original playings (we only had those two in our local cinema) and one time in 

the German dub. And I talked the staff out of a poster they didn't used anymore, and I only had to pay 20€. I think I confused the poor ticket seller at the first time I watched it, but it wasn't a big surprise I think I'm the only brony in town.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FastRiff said:

I think I'm the only brony in town. 

Yeah, I know how that feels. According to the brony census, I'm in one of the more highly populated states, however with the exception of a meetup every so often (one that's not an hour away or more), I rarely see any bronies around my neighborhood. Could be that they're closet bronies, but considering my theater only had one or two brony groups (both only having 2 people in said groups), I'm more under the impression there's not a lot around my area.

The strange thing about that is, I live in a mix between a city and a town, with around 117k citizens. (ok about 20k of them are students)

And we have a big university, there should be more than just me.  

10 hours ago, Snide Ways said:

There might be a decent population of bronies where you live, but most of them are shut-ins like here.

I wouldn't be surprised. Pretty sure my city has a lot of people who wouldn't approve of that sort of thing. Considering one of my neighbors had a Confederate flag hanging at one point, I don't think a guy running around saying "I like pastel colored ponies" would bode well. Luckily for me, I don't have much of a relationship with my neighbors so I don't think a lot of them are even aware.

I don’t even know if there is some bronies in my city (~250k inhabitants with lot of students). 

Here it’s not well accepted too due to public opinion. 

But no confederate flag tho :) 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 12:35 AM, PixelGrip94 said:

I wouldn't be surprised. Pretty sure my city has a lot of people who wouldn't approve of that sort of thing. Considering one of my neighbors had a Confederate flag hanging at one point, I don't think a guy running around saying "I like pastel colored ponies" would bode well. Luckily for me, I don't have much of a relationship with my neighbors so I don't think a lot of them are even aware.

I'm 6 foot 2, I'm sure people make fun of my pastel ponies, but not to my face :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately no. I worked nights on weekends when it was showing, and I couldn't see it on a school night. I only asked for one day off to see it, so one day was all I got. I'll have to wait for the DVD release to see it again.

• Like 1

I have only seen the film once so far, but I am hoping to get around to seeing it again before waiting for the DVD/Blu-Ray release in early 2018.

• Like 1