Here I talk about what the message is and could be. You may or may not agree with it, but it's from what I see
Comments are Welcomed

Love knows no defining age. Careful, man. This is a dangerous thing to say on the internet.

Spike's crush on Rarity is nothing more than a means to inform an audience of humans that the pony is beautiful. Like, very beautiful, "model-like"beautiful.

You can't define their relationship with two specific moments and ignore all the other times Rarity pretty much uses Spike as her personal doormat.

I do like, though, this idea that Spike and Rarity's relationship could be relaying the message that anything is possible. That "love conquers all", but that is not what is happening in the series.

58 minutes ago, Metemponychosis said:

Love knows no defining age. Careful, man. This is a dangerous thing to say on the internet.

Spike's crush on Rarity is nothing more than a means to inform an audience of humans that the pony is beautiful. Like, very beautiful, "model-like"beautiful.

You can't define their relationship with two specific moments and ignore all the other times Rarity pretty much uses Spike as her personal doormat.

I do like, though, this idea that Spike and Rarity's relationship could be relaying the message that anything is possible. That "love conquers all", but that is not what is happening in the series.

Perhaps. But I think Faust had something more planned involving them, when she was still the EP of the show. But that's just a theory.

On 10/25/2017 at 9:48 PM, bwrosas said:

Perhaps. But I think Faust had something more planned involving them, when she was still the EP of the show. But that's just a theory.

How would you explore the idea?

On 10/25/2017 at 7:48 PM, bwrosas said:

Actually she said it was originally just a gag to demonstrate Rarity's beauty. (Source)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Actually she said it was originally just a gag to demonstrate Rarity's beauty. (Source)

But she probably didn't foresee it's popularity that would come from fans supporting it.

9 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

I don't see how that's relevant to anything.

Fanbases can (at times) causes changes to made or moments to happen.

Look. I understand you're into this ship. However, let's be realistic.

1) The show's creator said it was originally a throw-away gag purely for demonstrative purposes. Turning it into a running gag is not the same as endorsing it.

2) We're talking about the equivalent of an 8-year old boy and a woman who runs her own business. No matter how you slice it, any mutual "romance" going on there is creepy. There's really no better word to describe it. This is not a healthy relationship ideal here.

3) Because of #2, I doubt this ship actually has the sort of fan momentum you think it does.

Furthermore, whatever fan support it does have is unlikely to sway the writing staff into making a creepy ship into a serious thing. The only evidence we've seen of genuine "brony" influences on the show so far have been in the one-off episodes like Slice of Life or Fame and Misfortune that alternatingly catered to inconsequential fan theories about inconsequential background characters, or called out the negative aspects of fan behavior. Nothing of canonical significance to either the show's plot, world-building, or character development has ever been shown to revolve around brony reactions.

You can feel free to take what you want and run with it regarding the ship itself, just don't trick yourself into seeing things that aren't there regarding the show's creators and producers about it. That in itself isn't healthy, either. Keep things in perspective and realize that the things you see in this ship are not really something the show's writers are endorsing or encouraging, but are your own jumping-off point.

• Like 2

"Secret Of My Excess" did a good job of exploring Spike and Rarity's relationship. Spike obviously has a crush on her and when Rarity eventually finds out, she doesn't reciprocate romantically, but she does become very affectionate and protective of him. I can't stress enough how big of a deal that Rarity is literally the first one to volunteer to protect Spike in the Dragonlands, it's such a departure from her usual character. Rarity might not love Spike romantically, but it's obvious she does love him in a big sister way.

• Like 2