MoltenKitten

Nation States

54 minutes ago, Light Landstrider said:

And your country is immediately doing better than the rest of us.

Remarkable

And people call my political views insane. Pfft.

"The Aurorealiusian economy, worth 186 billion Bits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology."

"The developing Bright Dawnian economy, worth 145 billion Shimmers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Furniture Restoration."

I'm basically Sweden

• Like 1

If I had the time to manage a virtual country thing, I'd add some changeling reference country.

"The democratic population of 6 million Radiants are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt."

So i'm the USSR now ?

The hard-working, democratic population of 6 million Aurorealiusians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.

"Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, voting is compulsory, organ donation is compulsory, and military funding has been stripped back."

I think my population might be a bit confused.

"The democratic population of 6 million The Caelum Unionians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion."

"The tenet of free speech is held dear, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, nudity is frowned upon, and voting is voluntary."

So that just happened.

Ayy yo this is me

In an age long ago, it was meant as an authoritarian parody of the New Lunar Republic (when such things were cool, back in 2011-2012).

Now, now it is something much more.

"The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 8.359 billion Nocts have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neustri. The average income tax rate is 69.9%.

The frighteningly efficient Noctish economy, worth a remarkable 1,880 trillion Hypersoliduses [ought to be Hypersolidi] a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 225,011 Hypersoliduses, with the richest citizens earning 5.3 times as much as the poorest.

Child adoption by homosexual couples has been outlawed, Sokol sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions, and the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Nocturnalis's national animal is the Sokol, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Lunar Orthodoxy."

• Like 1