MoltenKitten

Nation States

Prisons are crowded with possible terrorist suspects, movie references are legally admissible in court, sexually-starved male dinosaurs terrorise tourists during weekly breakouts from Mesozoic Park, and the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Queendom of Tacosia's national animal is the Taco, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.

Huzzah! The taco is back from the brink of extinction!

• Like 1

The Issue

With the popularity of Pony racing in Aurorealius booming, the growing number of retired racing Ponies being abandoned on the streets has become harder to ignore. As irresistibly cute pictures of sad-looking Ponies fill up the pages of newspapers, the time has come for government action.

The Debate
  1. "We're overflowing with Ponies here!" exclaims Zeke Broadside, owner of the Sunrise Pony Retirement Lodge. "And we just don't get enough donations from the public to house them all. We're now facing a choice between turning away Ponies, or putting them down. It's the Pony racing industry's fault we're in this situation - make them pay for homing the Ponies they cast off."

2. "Not far enough!" declares animal-rights protestor Jessica Rubin, wearing a Pony costume to show her sympathy for their plight. "There's only one reason that Ponies get abandoned in the first place, and that reason is Pony racing. These poor creatures get cooped up in a cage all day and are virtually starved so they race well, all to line the pockets of some avaricious gambling bosses. The solution is obvious - ban Pony racing!"

3. "Hold on! Aurorealius has a powerhouse Gambling Industry – do you really want to give it all up because of some Ponies?" asks Bharatendu Malik, owner of the Aurorealius City Pony Stadium. "What we need is less regulation - so we can race the animals more often, and draw more punters in. Besides, the Ponies love to race - at least compared to the beatings."

4. "There's a better solution to this all," suggests animal shelter volunteer Mary Jamieson, as she fixes a leash to a Pony. "There is a problem, but it isn't with the Pony racing industry; it's that not enough people are adopting Ponies. All we need is a national campaign to persuade people to adopt a Pony - and you can set them an example!" Handing you a grizzled old Pony, she finishes, "Here's Buddy."

• Like 1

Wow, I'm 151,340th in the world for Compassion. Out of a total of 151,693 nations.

I may just end up becoming the least compassionate nation in the game. Too sweet.

• 104 minutes ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
  • 7 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
  • 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
  • 17 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, vanity is considered the fifth cardinal virtue.
  • 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages.
  • 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods.
  • 1 day 8 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
  • 1 day 19 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, government officials across Aurorealius are being "encouraged" to adopt Ponies to set an example for the populace.
  • 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, the study of medicine is popular throughout Aurorealius.
  • 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in aurorealius__510982t2.jpgAurorealius, the government encourages conflict abroad to increase arms sales.

What's going on in my nation?

Meanwhile in the Caelum Union : SCIENCE!

"International tensions are high as The Caelum Union threatens any government with the audacity to arrest its citizens, exceptionally talented workers are praised more than Revolutionary heroes, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, and billions of Bits are being poured into a space program"

We're going to space lads! Well, we had Rocket boots already so I guess actual rockets are the next logical step up. Oh yes, -Picks up Light's Most Scientifically Advanced Trophy- I'll be taking that, thank you.

26 minutes ago, Light Landstrider said:

Meanwhile Sky is a prick...

STOP STEALING MY TROPHIES

I'm just going to go cry...in that corner...over there.

:cry:

Aww, come on. Don't be like that... You still have the smartest citizens. How about I give you a ride on the next space shuttle, that sound good? :sunset:

"teenagers performing appendectomies on their friends has become a popular schoolyard prank"

I had to decide about circumcision, how did this end up happening?

"It's just a prank bro"

• Like 2

To control the Woodeating Spikeball, I've introduced Sabre-toothed Fabulous Onigiris from Maxtopia, their natural predator, to deal with them... :mlp_Crazie::kdR94:

Also it seems after a start where I pushed lifespans below 50, I now have the longest lifespans in all of the region. I also seem to be the tourist and student capital of the Union, being the #1 Most Popular Tourist Destination, most recreational drug use (I'm also in the Top 5% in the world in this field), having the best educational system, and having the smartest citizens in the Union of Equestria. I, of course, welcome all (I'm also the most inclusive of the region). This WOULD explain why madness is running rampant in the Union. :awesomecheer:

Apparently, 1.5% of all deaths in the SotHS can be attributed to Ant Attacks now.

I don't know if I should laugh because people were killed by ants, or intimidated since that it means an ungodly amount of ants are swarming people and killing them.

This week in Aurorealius:

• Aurorealius switches to the metric system, drivers are confused, driving almost three times higher than the speed limits.
  • Aurorealius has dropped out of the Union of Equestria, in favor of starting its own region where its closest allies reside and can be contacted.
  • The national animal is now the Unicorn.
  • Sources say that the military department has created a thermonuclear device off of taxpayer bits.
  • Organized sports are now illegal, chess hooliganism is on the rise.
  • To alleviate ground traffic, the pizza delivery service now uses drones. Deliveries are fifty percent successful.
  • Allegations against the education department for alleged brainwashing of youth to be non-violent and subordinate.
  • Opera house stays open on taxpayer bits by paying teens to watch the shows.

The week in the Caelum Union : 

• Elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
  • The government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance.
  • Shaken martini sales have soared in nations surrounding The Caelum Union.
  • Referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed.
  • People reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
  • Strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
  • Murderers frequently escape punishment by claiming they were protecting their honour.
  • Most of the military's funding goes into researching space-age weaponry.
  • Workers have seized control of the economy.
  • A National Academy regulates grammar and usage.

Things are going swell! :hithere:

"The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, most citizens in The Bright Dawn Confederation are abject pyrophobes after extremely graphic pamphlets were mailed nationwide by the government, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, and legislation sometimes has to battle through weeks of filibustering to pass. "

I now appear to be our region's tourist hub, no doubt thanks to my abundant civil rights and my populace of classy educated stoners that wander aimlessly in the woods and perform ritual sacrifice on the homeless and transients. Just don't anger our Onigiri. Treat them like the fabulous bundles of grain they are and they won't pummel you death with giant boulders.

Also, it seems I've now officially gotten two issues that have had people with the last name Rarity. Fabulous indeed. :stararity: