Which season of Friendship is Magic is your favorite? Why? Mine is season seven because it was the first one I watched fully and it gave the fandom a lot of answers it wanted.

I'm still strongly inclined towards season 2, if only because it has the highest percentage of episodes I enjoyed (88%), as well as the highest quantity of my all-time favourite episodes (3). It also finds the perfect balance between season 1's simplicity and innocence and an increased focus on character development and more sophisticated storytelling which I felt later seasons increasingly moved away from, largely for the worse. 

• Like 1

At the moment, I'd say Season 5 because I felt it had the fewest misses compared to the other seasons, imo.

Also, even though I'm not much of a fan of Rainbow Dash, Season 5 did give me this reaction gif.

So that's pretty good, eh?

tumblr_nne7dhpVly1t4fj2vo2_1280.gif

• Like 2

I can hardly recall a lot of the episodes I've seen, I'd be inclined to re-watch them if I wasn't still working my way through 6.

I liked 2 and 4, granted they all had good parts.

• Like 1

Season 5 is my favorite. It has some of the best songs and we see the CMCs finally get their marks (and DT finally learn to be nice)

• Like 1

Season 5 was pretty epic, and my favorite episode "Rarity Investigates" is in it. :approve:

I have to say though that this season has been a close second.

• Like 1

My favorite season is definitely Season 2 just beacuse that's when I really started to become as big a fan of the show as I am now and I have so many great memories of watching it's episodes like being blown away by Discord, getting serious feels from Sisterhooves Social (I related to the sibling dynamic so hard in that episode), the joy of hearing Derpy speak for the first time, getting goosebumps from the series' first villain song, etc.

That being said, I consider Season 4 to be the best of the series. Most of this is due to how it handled the overall story arc for the season really well (only 2 out of the 6 key episodes were duds) and how well it paid off in the finale (that DBZ style fight is still bucking awesome and has yet to be topped).

• Like 2

Thank you everypony for your replies so far! Seasons 5 and 2 seem to be the most popular so far. Season 2 was the first series I was introduced to and seeing Discord for the first time was really entertaining. Season four had my favorite season finale. I still like season 7 the best but there are so many great episodes from every season. My next question is: Which episode from any season is your fave? Mine is Crusaders of the Lost Mark because I love the CMC and I was filled with emotion when they got their Cuite Marks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Violet Cookie said:

Thank you everypony for your replies so far! Seasons 5 and 2 seem to be the most popular so far. Season 2 was the first series I was introduced to and seeing Discord for the first time was really entertaining. Season four had my favorite season finale. I still like season 7 the best but there are so many great episodes from every season. My next question is: Which episode from any season is your fave? Mine is Crusaders of the Lost Mark because I love the CMC and I was filled with emotion when they got their Cuite Marks.

Oh god, that's so damn hard to decide. Especially for someone super indecisive like me. It was hard enough to choose my favorite season. Well, The Return of Harmony and A Canterlot Wedding are definitely up there though. If I really, Really, REALLY had to choose, I think Return of Harmony would be my favorite just because it was the point in the series when I first watched it that I thought to myself "Damn, this show has got great potential". It went a lot further than I expected the series to go given everything that I had seen in the first season before it and truly made me the fan of the show I remain today.

• Like 3

Crusaders of the Lost Mark, Brotherhooves Social, Bloom and Gloom, Made in Manehattan, Hearthbreakers, and Amending Fences are my faves. Other episodes I enjoyed are Pinkie Apple Pie, Cutie Pox, and The Cart before the Ponies. (my fave pony is Apple Bloom. She's so sweet, enthusiastic, upbeat, and friendly.)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Violet Cookie said:

Which episode from any season is your fave?

I've been loving "Lesson Zero" for a while now, and I'm still heavily inclined to stick to it. It's the episode which made Twilight my favourite character, and her studious obsessions are something I've always related to. Plus, it's one of the first episodes in which I felt the show was really stepping outside of its comfort zone and doing something weird and unexpected. I still find Twilight losing her marbles to be entertaining and disturbing in equal measure. Nothing since has quite reached that balance of encapsulating everything I like about the show while also taking it in new directions. 

Anyway, season by season: 

1 - "The Best Night Ever"

2 - "Lesson Zero"

3 - "Wonderbolts Academy"

4 - "For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils"

5 - "Rarity Investigates!"

6 - "A Hearth's Warming Tail"

7 - "A Flurry of Emotions"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Violet Cookie said:

My next question is: Which episode from any season is your fave?

Yeesh, impossible for me to decide on just one, so I just tried compiling a list from memory:

• Party of One (S1): Pinkie goes rogue.
  • Lesson Zero (S2): Twilight goes rogue.
  • The Cutie Map, parts 1 and 2 (S5): "QUIET!"
  • Castle Sweet Castle (S5): A genuine ending that legitimately moved me.
  • Make New Friends But Keep Discord (S5): SO MANY REFERENCES.
  • Slice of Life (S5): Obviously.
  • Amending Fences (S5): What a callback, truly didn't expect it.
  • Scare Master (S5): Sick anime references. It was also nice seeing Fluttershy leave her comfort zone for her friends. Pinkie also had the cutest costume.
  • Rarity Investigates! (S5): A nice nod to the film noir genre.
  • The Cutie Re-Mark, parts 1 and 2 (S5): Digged the presentation of the alternate universes.
  • The Gift of Maud Pie (S6): A feel-good sibling episode, if you have siblings of your own. Also enjoyed the team of Pinkie and Rarity.
  • A Hearth's Warming Tail (S6): Digged this rendition of A Christmas Carol. "Pinkie's Present" is also one of the best songs of the series, imo.
  • The Saddle Row Review (S6): Loved the mockumentary style of this episode.
  • Rock Solid Friendship (S7): Another feel-good sibling episode. Pinkie also had the cutest pajamas.
  • A Royal Problem (S7): Enjoyed the Princesses' personalities and how they reflected on their duties. Also loved the Starlight/music box Twilight interactions.
  • The Perfect Pear (S7):  Dramatic-Clapping-Crying-Meme-Face-Of-Ci
  • Like 1

Thank you again everypony for your replies! There are so many interesting choices. I admit it was unfair for me to ask only for ONE episode. However, some of the more popular episode choices appear to be Lesson Zero, Crusaders of the Lost Mark and Amending Fences. All of which are very great episodes (even if Twilight scared the living daylights out of me). My next question: (hopefully a bit easier) who are your top ten characters from My Little Pony? It can be from Equestria Girls and the movie as well. I will post my list very soon after this.

My top 10 (technically 14) MLP characters:

1) 

adorable_scootaloo_by_disneybrony2012-d9162?cb=20160922233416

Scootaloo is just completely adorable and is a character that has gained a lot of sympathy ever since season 7. Starlight Glimmer is completely relatable because it is hard for me to make friends and also Starlight has a similar personality to my own.

2)

countess_coloratura__rara____delighted_b

When I first saw her, I was amazed that the show took a cliché lesson such as believing in yourself and made it something fantastic with a character I just love. Her songs are amongst the best in my opinion and I always feel emotional when I hear Magic Inside.

3)

mlp_resource__trixie_01_by_zutheskunk-d3

She's great, she's powerful and she's Trixie. She just has that really funny personality and I love her interactions with Starlight.

4)

captain_celaeno_by_yanoda-dbev3s7.png

Zoe Saldana does a great job playing this character and she's a great leader. Also my favorite MLP song is Time to be Awesome.

5)

latest?cb=20170516165221139?cb=20140624033826

Tempest Shadow was a character written right. Her past was darker and more upsetting that I thought.

Discord is just hilarious full of great references and is just random in a great way.

6) 

ccc_105374.jpg

Ever since the fan fiction Anthropology, Lyra has become my fave background pony. Also I'm a fan of the Lyrabon ship. Sorry if anyone is offended by that.

7)

coco_pommel_is_sad____by_thatguy1945-d70

Ever since her first appearance in season four, I've always wanted to see more of her. I loved how she was briefly in the MLP movie.

8)

pear_butter___my_little_pony_vector_by_c

A character that has stolen the hearts of most of the fandom. I'm sure she was what everyone wanted Applejack's mother to be. I hope we can see her again, however unlikely it may be and I know that she has passed on.

9)

capper_the____cat____thingy__by_stjonal-

Ever since I saw the MLP movie trailer, I wanted to know more about him. He is a great character and his song was quite enjoyable.

10)

150px-Everything_is_going_to_be_alright!180px-Fluttershy.png300?cb=20170910200739

Rainbow Rocks was the first Equestria Girls movie I saw, and Sunset Shimmer intrigued me. She's slightly similar to Starlight but she also is a great leader and she was such a great character in my fave Equestria Girls movie: Legend of Ever free.

Fluttershy: she's cute and kind. She is a really great character and her lesson is a hard one to learn but she has pulled through.

Somnambula is my favorite Legend of Magic. Her design, her voice and her personality in the comics won me over. She is also adorable and that helps.

• Like 2

Season 7, some of the best episodes came out of S7, with Perfect Pear, Parental Glideance, and Once Upon a Zeppelin being top 10 material. It came with lots of heavy hitters, great character and world building, and it was definitely what I needed after being let down by S6

On 11/2/2017 at 10:48 AM, Violet Cookie said:

My next question is: Which episode from any season is your fave?

Sleepless In Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy and Best Night Ever

7 hours ago, Violet Cookie said:

It can be from Equestria Girls and the movie as well. I will post my list very soon after this.

Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, AJ, and Scootaloo, usually in that order

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Violet Cookie said:

My next question: (hopefully a bit easier) who are your top ten characters from My Little Pony?

Yup, no worries. This was a tad bit easier.

1.) PINKIE PIE: Despite her zany yet amusing antics, I love her compassion towards others, in that she just wants others to smile. Also love the sisterly bond between her and Maud.

2.) RARITY: Generosity is another trait I admire. I assumed she would remain the prissy archetype, so I really enjoyed her character development through the seasons.

3.) APPLEJACK: I dig that she's the more grounded of the Mane 6. Her empathetic nature is also a plus.

4.) DR. MAUD PIE: Her zingers mixed with her neutral expressions are a fine combination. Also love the sisterly bond between her and Pinkie.

5.) DERPY HOOVES: Her ditziness is endearing and she seemed as sweet as can be. Really hope we see some sort of continuation of "Slice of Life" next season.

6.) DISCORD: I enjoy his dismissiveness and his humor. I also dig how he values the kindness of Fluttershy, making his indifference towards the rest of the ponies all the more amusing.

7.) PRINCESS LUNA: I'm personally a night owl and I love black and blue. I can also somewhat relate to her character on a personal level.

8.) TEMPEST SHADOW: 3edgy5me. I was a fan of her portrayal in the film,

which made me enjoy her redemption at the end all the more. "Open Up Your Eyes" is also fire. 

9.) VAPOR TRAIL: Compassionate, adorable and has the best sneeze. THE BEST SNEEZE. Not enough of her, unfortunately, but I'm hopeful for another appearance next season.

10.) TRIXIE: She seems to be quite the divisive character, which I understand, but I actually enjoy her cattiness. That, and I couldn't think of another pony that I liked enough to include here.

This is all obviously very much my opinion.

But still...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply everypony! I've been completely bogged down with college work and assignments. I'm hoping to get back to posting regularly. Thank you all for your replies! It seems that Tempest Shadow and Trixie are certainly very popular with other interesting choices. Glad to see Derpy made it! My next question: Who is your least favourite character from MLP? 

14 hours ago, Violet Cookie said:

Sorry for the late reply everypony! I've been completely bogged down with college work and assignments. I'm hoping to get back to posting regularly. Thank you all for your replies! It seems that Tempest Shadow and Trixie are certainly very popular with other interesting choices. Glad to see Derpy made it! My next question: Who is your least favourite character from MLP? 

No worries, I know all too well about that college life. :twitwitch:

My top 10 characters list has shifted due to the comics so it's likely I'll be revising it when I'm all caught up. The same might be said for my least favorite character.

However, as I generally see these forums as usually a place of positivity, I'm not sure if a discussion with a negative connotation such as a "least favorite character" topic would be alright to have on here.

That being said, it's totally Rainbow Dash for me at the moment. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2017 at 9:39 AM, Violet Cookie said:

My next question: (hopefully a bit easier) who are your top ten characters from My Little Pony?

1. Twilight Sparkle

2. Rainbow Dash

3. Maud Pie

4. Rarity

5. Pinkie Pie

6. Princess Cadance

7. Princess Celestia

8. Princess Luna

9. Discord

10. Sunset Shimmer

At the moment, I'll just answer season four is my favorite so far. Best premiere/finale ratios so far, and the least amount of misses. I mean, for the love of it. It actually made Discord's redemption not seem half-assed!