1 hour ago, Violet Cookie said:

That's a completely fair comment Vinny Schway! New question: who is the best reformed villain?

"Best" is a bit relative, but I know what you mean. :approve:

I really enjoyed Tempest Shadow but I wouldn't doubt if they limit her only to the films, so my favorite reformed villain is Discord. I felt his redemption story was pretty solid. His powers are insane and I love his lack of empathy towards everyone else mainly besides Fluttershy. Makes for an interesting dynamic in the show.

Which actually makes me wonder about Discord in the movie. I know I can probably google something like this, but...

unless I missed something, did we ever get a legitimate explanation for Discord's whereabouts during the movie? I know he wasn't included because the movie probably would've been, like, ten minutes long with Discord there to stop The Storm King, but an explanation in the movie would've been nice.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2017 at 10:24 AM, Violet Cookie said:

That's a completely fair comment Vinny Schway! New question: who is the best reformed villain?

I'd say it's a tie between Starlight and Discord. Starlight has gotten the most development in terms of her reformation which adds a lot, but Discord is still enjoyable to watch because other than turning to the side of good, he hasn't changed much in his love of messing with people. If anything, Discord has used his love of messing with people to teach every so often (even if it doesn't work out well for the episode's sake like in "What About Discord?")

• Like 1

Discord is the one I've enjoyed the most, but as a "reformed villain" he loses points for continuing to be a jerk until very recently. Therefore, Sunset Shimmer. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Thrond said:

Discord is the one I've enjoyed the most, but as a "reformed villain" he loses points for continuing to be a jerk until very recently. Therefore, Sunset Shimmer. 

Sunset Shimmer is a good one too. I was only thinking of the characters from the show and not from EQG when I gave my answer, but Sunset's redemption arc works pretty well too. Arguably better than Starlight does in the show.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 5:05 PM, Vinny Schway said:

My top 10 characters list has shifted due to the comics so it's likely I'll be revising it when I'm all caught up.

it_s_happening_by_sketchy_pony-d68it23.p

My comic marathon has finally concluded, so the revision shall commence promptly!

1.) Pinkie Pie

2.) Princess Luna

3.) Applejack

4.) Rarity

5.) Dr. Maud Pie

6.) Discord

7.) POTENTIAL COMIC SPOILER 

King Aspen

8.) Somnambula

9.) Vapor Trail

10.) Tempest Shadow

It's way too late for me to provide any coherent reasoning for my choices, but this is where my list stands at the moment.

• Like 1