VG_Addict

Reforming villains.

Well obviously Chryssy will be reformed. She will become a beautiful butterfly.

And Tirek...wait what? Didn't know that he will be in season 8. Honestly no idea what will they do with him, he was a regular evil bad guy from hell so no idea how do you reform that.

I kinda wish I didn't knew that, as I'm trying to stay away from any S8 news until I actually see it.

But I feel one aspect for going about reforming a villain is if the fanbase is really into them. People seem to be into Chrysalis, so I'd wager if enough people are actively into Tirek, they'd reform him somehow.

I mean, Discord is a spirit of chaos, and they eventually reformed him.

But that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Everything they've done with this is half-thought out absolutely horrible crap.

It NEEDS to stop. NOW.

I can't take this horrible crap anymore. I really can't.

3 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Chrysalis is already a reformed villain.

I mean, when she first showed up she was pink! One episode later, she re-formed into the Changeling Queen.

giphy.gif

Friendship is Magic, so anyone that can be redeemed probably will be. That said, Tirek is a demon with nothing inside to salvage, so I suppose we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if both of them get reformed.

I just don't have much of clue of what will happen to them. Discord and Starlight were easy. Discord is just Discord and Starlight could just fall into her place with Twilight. With Tirek and Chrysalis I don't think it's that easy because Chrysalis' place has a new character and Tirek would likely just return to whatever place he's come from. In the end, it just won't make much of a difference.

I honestly hope they're not reformed. The show needs to keep some of its villains already and the reformation thing is getting kind of old. Plus, having a constant struggle between the reformed changelings and the evil changelings would be really cool to see and have constantly looking over their heads.

• Like 1

Well, I dunno. Given the ethos of the last few seasons, that seems plausible, but I'm still not sure what would convince either of those two to reform. 

Go ahead and call me crazy if you will, but as far as villain reforming goes, I actually very much liked the way they reformed Sombra in the comics and liked Radiant Hope as a character. To this day, I still don't understand the hate it gets, and gave my full thoughts about that arc in the comics sub-forum. I will agree, however, that Chrysalis and Tirek simply can't be reformed and shouldn't be. Especially Tirek. I mean, he's pretty much a demon, that would make like no sense whatsoever, and wouldn't work no matter how they tried to go about it.