VG_Addict

When the show ends.

What will you do when the show ends? What will you be like on the day of the last episode?

What do you think will happen to the fandom when the show ends?

• Like 3

My personal opinion would be that the fandom would continue on for a while afterwards, and I wouldn't be all that worried about the last episode. Every show comes to an end, and I'm not here to fret over that.

The fandom would probably invent their own fan episodes if I'm honest with myself.

• Like 1

Simple really.

I'll stop watching the show when it ends for obvious reasons. Maybe will watch something else if I find something cool.

I'll be probably satisfied after watching the last episode, talk about it with people I like and then well move on.

And fandom will remain same as any other fandom. It will exist, it won't be as active like in the golden age (which ended in the ages past). There still will be pony stuff made of course such as pictures, animations, songs, fictions and more. Oh and the sleepers will wait till the time comes to rise for the Generation 5. We will have to wait for the oracles to attempt to foresee the future and give us hints. A prophecy shall be born and loyal followers will wait for it with joy but also with great fear. Future is unknown, beutiful and terrifying at same time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, King_CreepaLot said:

The fandom would probably invent their own fan episodes if I'm honest with myself.

I can see this happening and I'd probably watch them.

But I'm thinking it might not really ever end. Y'know, since it's making money, and all. If they think they're hard enough, they could make way for a new generation with an older Mane 6 which could be, as Cinder pointed out, Generation 5.

But when this show ends, it looks like I'm in agreement with the lot on here. The fandom will move on in its own way or continue with more pony creations.

But as for me, I'd be reflecting on how I'm glad that I gave this show the time of day, provided the finale doesn't mess it all up. I doubt I'd get into any other cartoons, since I've yet to see another show do the things that this show has done.

But I'll probably just stick around and see what this fandom creates until the next generation possibly comes around.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

What will you do when the show ends?

I will probably read a lot of fanfics and continue talking to other ponies about the show.

What will you be like on the day of the last episode?

My Brony group will probably organize a "series finale" meetup. If they do, I'll be attending that. 

What do you think will happen to the fandom when the show ends?

Lot of fans will move on to other things, and others will stick around to talk about ponies. 

• Like 1

I'll probly still watch old eps on Netflix whenever I'm in a pony mood, or look at some fanart.

But it may be hard to find things to talk about when the show is over.

• Like 1

I reckon Hasbro will make a spinoff series taking place in the same universe but centered around different characters. (Hmm, doesn't it seem like Starlight is forming her own alternative Mane 6 over time?)

Oh wait, Starlight is the main character already. Twilight's character arc ended when she grew two extra limbs.

I think I'm too obvious, because I'd go back and re-watch the entire series. Over, and over, and over again. Ad naseum. 

As for the fandom overall, we'll live. It's looking like there might be some kind of EQG material that will keep coming out, but that's purely spec. Regardless, I don't think Hasbro will COMPLETELY leave us out to dry; they'll probably have some kind of after-party planned for us (and their wallets)

• Like 1

As with anything, once the show ends I'll eventually move onto something else while still being a fan of what once was. Maybe even joining in some conventions after the fact. That being said, I think the fandom will continue long after the show is over, but it might not be as strong as it was unless the next iteration of MLP is as good or better than the original depending on who helms the show at that point.

It's definitely something that i think about every so often because of how much this show has been a part of my life since I became a fan. It's the first fandom that I really delved into to the extant that I have with this series. While I don't want the show to go on forever and get stale like Simpsons, Spongebob, and so many others. But at the same time, I'm not particularly looking forward to the end because of the sadness I'll feel when the show ends since it's such a large part of my life. But with an 8th season on the horizon, we won't have to worry about such a thing for a long time to come and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Probably clap and cry and think about all the wonderful things in this fandom.

The fandom will live on, just maybe not be as strong as it was before.

• Like 1

The fandom has built up such a force behind the brand it's unlikely it will "die". The brony phenomenon is like a religion in its own right and we'll continue to persist and exist on some level worshiping the brand and the show as its Bible. And when the great High Priest Hasbro decides to release a new iteration we'll more than likely follow that too.

But we have energy. It will survive. The only people who leave will be the travelers. The rest of us are invested in its spectacle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LostSanity said:

What are you talking about it?

It ended after S5.

It's a Dumpster Fire now.

So, in multiple posts, you've said you're debating whether to continue watching the show as well as the movie because of how you feel the writers have taken the show not being to your liking (while simultaneously still watching the show), and then in here you say that the show ended in Season 5. If the show "ended" in Season 5, then why do you keep watching it? You can't think the show is done and at the same time, say you're not sure whether you're going to stick to watching the show while still watching the show. Quit teetering on the cliff and make a decision already. The fact you keep pointing out that you're on the cusp of leaving the fandom and the show as you have been for the last who knows how long is just overcompensating at this point and annoying to everyone involved (And with this being a public forum, EVERYONE IS INVOLVED).

And I'm not telling you your opinion is wrong nor am I telling you to change your opinion. Your opinion is yours to have for the reasons you have it, regardless of who agrees or disagrees with it. But for the love of God, if you hate the writers supposedly shoving things that you don't like down your throat, give everyone on this forum the same courtesy you ask for and stop shoving your opinion down everybody else's throats because at this point everybody already knows your opinion and nobody freaking cares anymore.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Metemponychosis said:

You're lucky. I know people who think it ended with season 3.

Or Season 1. :P 

On 11/17/2017 at 4:42 PM, Metemponychosis said:

You're lucky. I know people who think it ended with season 3.

Yeah, as someone who thinks everything after season 3 has been a steep downward slope (excepting season 6, which I quite liked), I gotta envy @LostSanity for feeling it stayed good that long.