Sign in to follow this  
TeeSix

Discord Moderator Application

Name T6#6357

Which position are you applying for? Discord Moderator

If Sectional/Forum Mod, which section(s)? N/A

Why do you want to be an EQD Mod? Having been part of the MLP fanbase for five years now, I've realised I've not contributed to the fandom very much. A position as a moderator on the Equestria Daily Discord server would allow me to contribute something back to the fanbase that has brought me a lot of good over the years. As the Discord server is quite active, it would be a role I would enjoy for supporting other staff, getting to know more users, and keeping the server a friendly and welcoming place for everyone. I further find myself with a very large amount of spare time at present since my university classes are ending and I am only planning to look for part-time Christmas work in the near future - and such a role would provide me with some responsibility and a role to fulfil. I already spend a not-insignificant part of my time reading through comments on both the Equestria Daily site and Discord server, so I feel I have a good base of knowledge and grasp of principles relevant to this position to build upon.

What prior moderation/administration experience do you have, if any? I have some past experience as a moderator on Skype chats and a minor staff role on a Discord server with over 200 members. I also assisted as a staff member in precise running of an MMO clan with several hundred members.

Time Zones/Times you'll be able to moderate NZST - New Zealand Standard Time, UTC+12:00. UTC+13:00 (NZDT) at current date due to Daylight Saving Time. At present I am very time-flexible, available up to as much as 19-20 hours a day, most often between approximately 10AM-2PM NZDT and 4AM NZDT. This may decrease towards the end of 2017, but is very unlikely to drop below at least 10 hours a day as I spend a considerable amount of my free time with access to Discord.

Anything else you'd like to share I look forward to the possibility of working with Equestria Daily Discord staff, meeting new people across the server, and giving back to the fandom that has given so much to me over the course of half a decade. And of course - Lightning Dust is best pony!