King_CreepaLot

Armistice/Veteran's Day

Since today is Veteran's/Armistice Day, I thought it best to share a little piece of writing I made to appreciate the follow men of the First World War (And all wars for that matter).

Even now, one-hundred years hence the Great European War and of our involvement, the striking urge of remembrance concurs in each and every one of us; for it was in this war that the great powers battled it out in conditions so painful that they henceforth cannot be created on this Earth again. Of those brave, young poets, writers, and authors, few would return from the Earth's most harrowing conflict, and fewer return unscathed. She is now apparent with a scar blemished deep unto her very core. Each man would suffer the psychological trauma, unable to remorse of their brothers who once joyously enlisted to enter the grimace, never making it back to mother and father. May we inculcate the future generations of each nation and the men and women who served, Entente or no. Lest we forget those unforgiving years of 1914-1918. To all of those men and women who sacrificed their lives in the name of their country, may you rest in pleasant peace with the poppies dancing with the wind's rhythm.

A bit cheesy, I know, but I have a huge respect for the men who fought in WWI, I don't care if they were German or Austro-Hungarian, or Japanese, or French, British or Americans, they all had involvement.