PinkiePie97

Digital and DVD/Blu-ray Release Dates

23 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

I still haven't even decided if I'm going to watch it at all yet.

Now I have a time limit.

Wonderful.

:thehorror:

I don’t see how this creates a time limit.

• Like 1

I normally like to watch movies when it releases on DVD. That's why there's a time limit.

Plus I still need to decide if I stay or leave.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LostSanity said:

I normally like to watch movies when it releases on DVD. That's why there's a time limit.

Plus I still need to decide if I stay or leave.

If deciding is that hard for you, then just forget about the release date and decide at your own pace. It will still be available when you do make a decision.

• Like 1

I have to say, after being given pretty much all the info on the Blu-Ray release, I'm kind of disappointed all things considered.

For one thing, I don't really like either of the covers that the film is releasing in, the normal or the Target exclusive. In the case of the normal cover, it's pretty much the 2nd poster which I was never a big fan of because of how cluttered it was on top of the light source being behind all of the characters making the bright colors that make the movie so pleasing to watch way too dark and hard to see. In the case of the Target cover, it's better, but not by much and strikes me as lazy in how it's basically only the characters movie design faces photoshopped onto the cover. Added to that is the random addition of Songbird Serenade whose reason for being on said cover is about as justifiable as the reason she was in the movie to begin with.

But while I admit that the subpar covers are more of a nitpick than anything, the thing that really cheeses my onions (10 pts if you get that reference) is the fact that out of all the special features being included on the Blu-Ray, an audio commentary is noticeably absent. Considering that not only was an audio commentary something that I was most interested in getting and that an audio commentary is probably the easiest special feature that a film can release with, but the fact that the last three Equestria Girls movies, all of which were direct-to-video releases, had their own audio commentaries while the theatrically released feature film does not strikes me as incredibly asinine.

In the end, I'll end up buying it anyway regardless of my gripes stated above, but it definitely irritates me that the movie has a relatively lackluster Blu-Ray release compared to the EQG movies, at least in my opinion.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LPS Monsterpawz said:

IKR?

Totally!

The Equestria Girls bloopers were put together pretty well. This film had to have had at least a few solid gaffes and gags.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, xanplayzgamez said:

:boop:

Do not necro rez threads if you are not going to post anything relevant

• Like 1

So the day has come and the MLP Movie has released digitally. For the sake of curiosity, anypony getting just the digital version or are you all like me and waiting to get the physical instead?

4 hours ago, PixelGrip94 said:

So the day has come and the MLP Movie has released digitally. For the sake of curiosity, anypony getting just the digital version or are you all like me and waiting to get the physical instead?

Unless they dig through their files and release a gag reel for either platform, I'm saving my money.

4 hours ago, PixelGrip94 said:

Physical, but as others have said, I find the lack of a commentary a bit disappointing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Snide Ways said:

Physical, but as others have said, I find the lack of a commentary a bit disappointing.

Same. A commentary track is literally the easiest thing to do and they didn't do it for the actual movie when doing it for all 4 EQG movies. It was the special feature I was looking most forward to.

• Like 1