Sign in to follow this  
DefinitelyNotFx

Discord Moderator Application

Name:  Fx#8773

Which position are you applying for?

Discord Moderator.

If Sectional/Forum Mod, which section(s)? 

n/a

What prior moderation/administration experience do you have, if any?

I have a good amount of experience in moderating. I've moderated a forum before (although fair to say the forum in question was not incredibly active). I also used to moderate a discord channel of my own with 50+ members. My main experience in moderating comes from leading large guilds in MMOs, however. I've personally lead a guild with 900+ members, which, beyond the logistics of keeping things tidy, required me to spend most of my time online moderating chats rather than playing the game myself. That doesn't -sound- great, but to me it was a lot of fun to make sure everyone else got to enjoy the game. The guild kept running smoothly for many years, even after I stepped down from being leader (after about two years of holding that position) to taking an advisory role.

Why do you want to be an EQD Mod?

As I already mentioned slightly in the previous section, I really enjoy the idea of keeping things running smoothly so others can spend their time without any issues. As for the reason to mod for EQD specifically:

I've been in the fandom for a very long time. Almost since the beginning (though not quite). It's been a truly amazing ride and I'd like to see it continue for a long time to come. I know I can chip in and contribute in a way that I can really enjoy, namely through moderating. As said, I don't mind spending my time moderating/supervising if it means others can enjoy the channels without problems.

Time Zone/Times you'll be able to moderate:

I live in GMT+1 (Also referred to as CEST I believe), which is Amsterdam time, and that is also the timezone I can most reliably moderate. When it comes to timezones I can be flexible however. With early notice I could switch my sleeping schedule around and moderate different timezones as well if such a situation ever arises.

I will generally be able to spend upwards of 10-11 hours active in the Discord (roughly 11:00 - 00:00). This might change in the future, but I will give timely notice if something comes up.

Anything else you'd like to share: 

I'm 23 years old and live in the Netherlands. Figured I could add that here.

Other than that, there isn't really anything that I've left out. I feel I've kept things clear and concise.

Of course, if you'd like me to explain a specific point more in-depth, I'd be happy to do so.

Edited by DefinitelyNotFx
Clarity

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this