leonbrony17

Couldn't unicorns do all the jobs of the earth and pegasus ponies too?

Unicorns can teleport, time travel and banish other ponies to whatever places with their magic. They can even move stars only with their magic, that are many lightyears away. But couldn't they do the jobs of the earth and pefasus ponies like harvesting, making weather, cooking, moving the water to cloudsdale, taking care of animals, cleaning and other things with their magic too? Actually yes.

Unicorns can enhance and train their magic abillities for every situation. Of course it would take some time to teach the unicorns all those different spells and abillities, and some bigger jobs would take more trained and more unicorns to get done. But technically unicorns could do all the jobs and chores of the earth and pegasus ponies with their magic.

What do you think about that?

• Like 3

I think that the show didn't give a sense for that.

In fact, yes, we can see that unicorns can do the jobs. All the jobs. But I consider that the background of mlp haven't been written with a huge coherence.

Even if the scenarists try to make it more and more coherent trough the seasons.

It's my opinion, but the coherence was not the priority for this kind of show basically. The magic allows too many possibilities, when something is magic in a story, then the scenario will include logic flaws. Always.

Then yes, unicorns could make other ponies totally useless, but they are not because the scenarists disagree with that.

• Like 2

I think that the people making the cartoon don't care about that.

Though it is implied that earth ponies would be better at "earth pony thing" because of their own magic.

• Like 3

To add to the others' posts:

According to Lauren Faust from the Earth pony wiki and the Pegasi wiki, "Earth ponies have a special connection to nature, animals and plants" while "Pegasus ponies have a passive kind of magic that allows them to walk on clouds and manipulate the weather".

The way I see it, the Unicorn ponies could perform the tasks of the other ponies.

But from a narrative standpoint, one could assume that they probably wouldn't be able to perform them as well and as long as their counterparts.

But then again, the reasoning could simply be that, as @Bakaarion pointed out (correct me if I'm wrong), the showrunners don't really care that much about such coherence in the show.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Snide Ways said:

Earth ponies usually have incredible strength (AJ and Maud for example) which only upper tier unicorn magic can compete with.

Maud and Applejack are as much outliers in their own race as proper unicorn mages are in theirs. For the average pony, the difference between unicorns and serfs-- er, earth ponies, is that unicorns can dexterously manipulate objects, and earth ponies grab everything with their mouths.

Not that I care. Because I've "left the fandom". Just making idle conversation, really.