Soldier Surplus

My Ping is having a heart attack when I get on the servers!

Every single time I go on the servers I'm met with a lagspike every 10-15 seconds. I tried my connection out with another groups servers and some Valve servers and they weren't as bad.

At this point I know it's not my computer (please don't say it is or bad times will be upon you) so what's up with the servers? 

What I would like to know is this: Where are the servers located?

Can there possibly be a server change somewhere else?

If no to No. 2, then what can I do to have a good experience on the servers without spending money or wasting time (because I hate both)

The most that I'm asking of you is some advice. 

Please and thanks :sweetieyes:  

I still find that strange, though. I live in Florida so when it comes to official Valve servers I prefer Virginia (even though TF2 appears to have trouble detecting them sometimes for some odd reason), but I can play on LA and Washington servers just fine; even Stockholm and Luxembourg aren't so bad.

23 hours ago, ultimateAI said:

I still find that strange, though. I live in Florida so when it comes to official Valve servers I prefer Virginia (even though TF2 appears to have trouble detecting them sometimes for some odd reason), but I can play on LA and Washington servers just fine; even Stockholm and Luxembourg aren't so bad.

I have that same problem from Georgia.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vin said:

It's your computer.

But I know it's not. I heard that the optimization with tf2 and more advanced computers  are not good. Plus, I cannot be asked to fiddle with my computer because it's fine with every other game except with this one. 

Again with people taking sarcasm seriously :dissapoint:

And no, my computer isnt the issue. Its how the server is performing, due to the fact that its a Texas server, my ping and connection to it has went from a 70ms to a high 96ms, its not a huge difference, but its the type of gap that adds a lot of stutter and hitreg/hitscan issues. Also the kilobytes per second (k/s) of that server's in's and out's are basically 400+ in and 60 out. The out which is what matters is underperforming while the server is sending out a huge amount of packets. Now that, is an optimization issue.

8 minutes ago, Vin said:

Again with people taking sarcasm seriously :dissapoint:

Just a little hard to tell sometimes, m8

What are the servers' network settings? I don't see a reason not to use the same ones UGC uses.

//Network Settings		
sv_client_cmdrate_difference			"30"
sv_client_max_interp_ratio				"1"
sv_client_min_interp_ratio				"1"
sv_client_predict						"1"
sv_maxrate								"100000"
sv_maxupdaterate						"66"
sv_maxcmdrate							"66"
sv_mincmdrate							"50"
sv_minrate								"1500"
sv_minupdaterate						"50"

(sv_client_max_interp_ratio may need to be changed to 2)