Sign in to follow this  
AaronMk

Why is the Chevette such a meme?

"Yea, we're going to put in a motorcycle block, operate it with a pick-up transmission, glue it together with semen and hope, and put it in a cardboard box."

Like why does it even how does it fucking manufacture in South America until the fucking nineties?

Even watching a POV video of two dudes driving/riding around in it feels like driving in a third-world country.

I found a pic in my random folder.

a37d3634d5.png

My dad is actually somewhat of a Chevette fanatic. You can see the one in the background on a trailer. This yellow one is mine. It was all a highschooler could have ever wanted - we were given the car free, it got good gas mileage (~30MPG), and it had that oddity factor that made you stand out from the hordes of Grand Prixs and lifted pickups.Mine was a four speed manual, and it was a blast to drive (after my dad and I rebuilt the engine to actually give it some power). There was no bullshit on it to break - manual transmission, crankshaft windows, no power steering, no power brakes, no computer-controlled engine - mine hasn't broken down once since I started driving it in 2009. Love this little car <3