RadioactiveNuke

PSA: Strange Civilian Weapons can be combined to give higher tier stranges

For those that don't know how trading up works, if you trade up 10 strange items, the result will be strange. This can be used to trade up and get stranges from the "normal" collections.

Also, the quality is based on the average quality of the weapons used. For example, 10 factory new will give a factory new weapon, while 5 factory new and 5 battle scarred will give a field tested.

9 hours ago, RadioactiveNuke said:

For those that don't know how trading up works, if you trade up 10 strange items, the result will be strange. This can be used to trade up and get stranges from the "normal" collections.

Also, the quality is based on the average quality of the weapons used. For example, 10 factory new will give a factory new weapon, while 5 factory new and 5 battle scarred will give a field tested.

That means I could still get a strange Top Shelf Revolver :stararity:

On 3/2/2016 at 1:47 AM, Toki Zensekai said:

That means I could still get a strange Top Shelf Revolver :stararity:

You'd have to craft a shitload of weapons and stat counters to get there.

I think someone did the math and it ended up being something like 5000 civilian grade items total just to get one Mercenary Grade item.  And even then you may not get the one you want.

I just read a post on the tf2 subreddit and someone did the math on getting a perfect strange FN High Roller rocket launcher, and it came out to be roughly $70 million to craft it.

Edit: perfect as in all the rare stickers and all that stuff.

On 3/5/2016 at 1:09 AM, RadioactiveNuke said:

Iit came out to be roughly $70 million to craft it.

EDIT:
Ok, I'd like to get these numbers from you, because I did some math of my own to figure out how much it would cost to get a Freelance weapon, namely the Top Shelf Revolver, and assuming we purchased everything at the lowest possible values as of right now on the Market, it would cost me $197.10. That's still not cheap, but that's certainly not $70 Million Dollars.