Vinny Schway

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME: a wrestling thread

I didn't see any other wrestling threads on here (maybe for a reason) so I thought I'd just make my own instead.

But if I'm duplicating threads or something THEN LET THE POWERS THAT BE STRIKE ME DOWN WHERE I STAND!

tumblr_inline_orxgy6mDb01uirg0j_540.gif

Or, um, maybe just redirect me to the right thread, please and thank you. :flutterdear:

Wrestling is one of my favorite things besides ponies. I've been a fan for over 10 years but had a hiatus lasting from around 2010-2015. I've since gone back and checked out some of the matches and storylines from that time.

As mentioned in another thread, I mainly watch WWE, Ring of Honor and some New Japan Pro-Wrestling when I can.

Anyone else into it? Favorite male/female wrestler(s)? Favorite match(es)? Other topic points?

I WANT A GOOD, CLEAN DISCUSSION! THE GOLDEN RULE IS THE STIPULATION!

giphy.gif

36 minutes ago, LostSanity said:

Yes I'm a fan. I only watch WWE though.

It's pretty obvious who my favorite is.

:awesomecheer:

Despite the general mark negativity on Roman Reigns, I don't really mind him; his feud with Braun Strowman was pretty spectacular.

I also don't really mind him as Intercontinental champ, but I do wish he was booked differently, but that's neither here nor there. I'm interested to see if they'll have him drop it before 'Mania or if they'll keep it on him for a potential dual-champ run.

It should hopefully be an interesting Raw tonight.

Oh boy a wrasslin' thread.

Watched WWE a lot as a kid, then stopped around 2010ish. Started slowly picking it up again in 2012-2013, although now thanks to streaming sites and the like (specifically /wooo/) I've been able to branch out to other promotions. As for favourite matches, there are just too many to choose from. But I do know what my favourite promo/segment is:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vinny Schway said:

It should hopefully be an interesting Raw tonight.

My two main takeaways from Raw tonight:

1. THE RETURN OF HIS BROKEN BRILLIANCE?!

tenor.gif?itemid=9878931

but...

2. They still don't know what to do with Finn Bálor and it hurts me EVEN THOUGH THEY HAVE A COUPLE OF "GOOD BROTHERS" ON THE SAME DAMN SHOW FILMING ADS OR WHATEVER.

ea356b7530b4da72fe3140a67085665e.gif

But I guess it can't be helped when the boss thinks he's "bland" and "not over enough", even though he's been booked to lose for weeks.

Most of the show was pretty meh.

Raw summed up in a MLP emoticon: :notimpressed:

Wrestling was only good when I was watching it! Back in the 90s! During my impressionable, formative years!
Just like cartoons, music, comic books, and every other type of media I've consumed!

Ya bunch of ja-Bronies.

3 hours ago, ABronyAccount said:

Wrestling was only good when I was watching it! Back in the 90s! During my impressionable, formative years!
Just like cartoons, music, comic books, and every other type of media I've consumed!

Ya bunch of ja-Bronies.

Then you've obviously never seen this 6-Star classic.