M2 Ball

Did you buy anything recently?

I finally got around to purchasing a CZ-75 SP-01 Tactical handgun.  It's an absolute joy to shoot! :awesomedash:

15z_CZSP01Tactical_L_91153_01153.png

• Like 1

I bought a new new scanner to replace my old new scanner.
I recommend staying away from the Canon CanoScan  LiDE 2xxx line. Apparently they have a tendency to lock the scanning head, and you might have to disassemble it (voiding the warranty). I could try DIY repairs, but honestly if it's going to be THAT flimsy I'd rather try something else.

Bought some new clothes recently for the winter/spring weather. Also got Celeste for my Switch. Having a real hoot with it. Died 900 times already.

My favorite part about tapes was being able to listen to one side, which then automatically re-wound the other side. The fact that each side was roughly 45 minutes long also meant you could usually fit at least 3 older albums on one tape. Also, cassette mechanisms were so inexpensive that stereo systems often had CD-to-Tape dubbing features, basically format-shifting for you when you played a CD and wanted a copy on tape.

Tapes were pretty robust, all things considered. Lots of listening material at my county library is on 20-30 year old cassettes. I bought an old set of The Shadow radio plays for about $2 as fodder to practice transferring and mastering materials in Audacity.

Oh jeez that takes me back. Moreso than the tapes!

Back in high school, I used to have an oversized leather overcoat. The pockets were large enough to accommodate a portable CD player in one pocket and a wallet full of discs in the other. So it also tended to be what I wore when insomnia had me in its cruel grasp (really, almost every night back then) and I had to go take long walks in the small hours of the morning.

I was very grateful for the advent of anti-skip read-ahead technology, right up until I replaced the CD player with a Sony NetMD minidisk player. Those minidisks could hold a whole gigabyte! And I could fit TWO albums on each one! :yay: This was back when flash-based MP3 players typically had storage measured in tens of megabytes, so it seemed like the clear winner at the time. Plus it ran for like two weeks on one AA battery!