Bakaarion

How much do you apreciate MLP ?

Rank the show  

24 members have voted

1. 1. My little pony against your other interests, shows, videogames, any hobbies (persons doesn't count).

• Nothing is better than my little pony
    • I love the show, but it's not my very favorite thing
    • A good show, but not in my top things.
    • It has become boring.
    • I'm the controversial one

I know that for many bronies, MLP is not the best show ever, but I wonder in what proportion. Sometimes, bronies though MLP as the best one, then after few seasons, other interests took this place.

For my part, I know MLP for 1 year only, and before, I loved music, video games and web programming above all, almost all my free time was dedicated to these hobbies. But since I watched MY little pony, I just need a pony injection everyday, even if I can see it's not a perfect show. There is episodes and and ponies I don't like, and I'm okay with that.

I even watched the previous shows, and honestly I hated it, but there were a tiny link with my favorite ponies : The title. So I watched it all (except 3.5, not strong enough to hold it). Such addiction.

I wait your comments on your feelings about MLP, I'm interested on it.

emote.RDlazy.png

• Like 1

I'll be a little controversial when I say I see myself as the only one who sees the show's worth because I see it all the time via a child's lens. And I should know better because everyone looks down on perspectives of childlike innocence.

• Like 1

I don’t like it nearly as much as I used to - frankly, this is probably the lowest my interest has been in the show since I started watching it - but I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t still care about it. Didn’t make sitting through season 7 any easier though.

I love the show and fandom enough to go to two conventions (so far). I haven't done that for any other entertainment franchise, TV show or otherwise.

• Like 1

I appreciate it thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much!

• Like 2

It's my current favorite cartoon right now, although some cartoons, most namely ones from the 90s, definitely come close. Honestly, the only people who truly hate this show and claim it's childish crap are the ones that have never watched it, or at most, have watched a select few episodes, usually from season 1, and conclude that that's enough to fully judge it. Bunch of hooey and ignorance, that's for sure!

Also, unlike many, I think characters like Starlight and Thorax have actually added a lot to the show. I don't see what a lot of people's complaints against them are. For instance, Starlight reminds me of Twilight back when she was still learning about friendship, yet she seems to get hate for every time she makes a mistake, even though Twilight made plenty of her own back in the day. I also like Thorax because I felt that he put a unique twist on the whole changeling deal and had his own unique personality, refusing to steal love from others and ultimately getting the other changelings to share it. As opposed to being just another no-personality changeling whose only purpose was to serve their queen and feed off love and nothing more than that, and keeping the rest of them eternally like that. They definitely gained personality after their transformation, and we can see that in episodes like To Change a Changeling.

• Like 2

If ponies hadn't come into my life, there is a chance I would've gone down a much different path. Ponies helped me deal with some stuff in my life, and I am eternally grateful for that.I especially relate to characters like Starlight, who was able to forget her tragic and somewhat evil past, and move forward. It makes me sad to think that G4 is ending soon, but regardless, in true Fall Out Boy fashion, MLP, Thnks fr th Mmrs!

• Like 3

I think that it'd be hard for anyone to firmly believe that MLP is the best show that they've ever seen, and I'm no exception. That being said, because of MLP being the only show in which I've delved this far into the fandom of said show, I'd have to say that while it's not the best show I've ever seen in my life, MLP is definitely one of my favorite shows of all time. While there's been plenty of other shows that I've seen in my life that I've enjoyed, I never went much further than just watching the show and buying some of the merch as opposed to MLP where I've read the comics, I've read the books, I've dabbled in the art, I own all the music, etc.

19 hours ago, PixelGrip94 said:

I think that it'd be hard for anyone to firmly believe that MLP is the best show that they've ever seen, and I'm no exception.

Depends on your point of view about what is the show. Is it just the animation and the scenario ? Or it includes all the fandom and the part of your life dedicated to ponies ? I think it's the second one, because the show is truly the basic element giving birth to all of that.

So it's not so hard to conclude it's the best show ever by far, if you're thinking about ponies, even while you're watching a millions dollars blockbuster to theater. I think we can say that without hypocrisy.

On 12/25/2017 at 11:17 PM, Bakaarion said:

Depends on your point of view about what is the show. Is it just the animation and the scenario ? Or it includes all the fandom and the part of your life dedicated to ponies ? I think it's the second one, because the show is truly the basic element giving birth to all of that.

So it's not so hard to conclude it's the best show ever by far, if you're thinking about ponies, even while you're watching a millions dollars blockbuster to theater. I think we can say that without hypocrisy.

Well, I meant the best show ever objectively. Yeah, for me and many other people this is probably their favorite show of all time, but I can't pretend like there aren't other shows I enjoy that aren't better written or better executed than pony is, regardless if you only compare it to shows that are in the same category of children's animation or children's animation of the last couple of years. Shows like Gravity Falls, Avatar/Korra, and even Steven Universe are arguably better written than MLP is, but I don't have the same attachment to those shows as I do MLP. Gravity Falls is the closest contender for my favorite show of all time because I find that show to be damn near perfect in every way, but the lack of fandom interaction that I have with GF vs MLP lowers it to the second spot, but only just.

• Like 1

Yes, I understand, I think many shows are written better than MLP, and I'm okay and aware about that. MLP as I often say, is not very coherent.

Like with the movie, I accept it's not an awesome movie, it can be pretty boring for a non-initiated, and there is too many musics and stupid situations. But I still watch it, and really enjoy it, for now, it's probably my favorite movie of the year, event after having watched star wars. I think Star Wars 8 is a much better movie obviously. But I can't enjoy it this much.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2017 at 4:58 AM, Bakaarion said:

Yes, I understand, I think many shows are written better than MLP, and I'm okay and aware about that. MLP as I often say, is not very coherent.

Like with the movie, I accept it's not an awesome movie, it can be pretty boring for a non-initiated, and there is too many musics and stupid situations. But I still watch it, and really enjoy it, for now, it's probably my favorite movie of the year, event after having watched star wars. I think Star Wars 8 is a much better movie obviously. But I can't enjoy it this much.

So you're also saying I only stick to far superiorly written show and forget about MLP? So as not to watch any material that insults my intelligence?

As in, I'm expected to see only what you see and never what I see?

You do what you want dude. It's up to you to figure out if you have any satisfaction to watch the show.

• Like 1