Surprised that this didn't get a post already given how it's been around the internet all day. But anyway, a plethora of leaks concerning future MLP content have surfaced onto the internet including a new intro, an episode list of Season 8 along with synopses of said episodes, supposed plans to end G4 after Season 9 in 2019, supposed plans for a 2nd MLP Movie in 2020 being either a sequel to the first movie or a prequel to a G5 TV series scheduled for later that year, and supposed concept designs for said G5 series.

I have opinions on this. Asking for forgiveness in advance because this is gonna be a long one...

In regards to how valid I think these leaks are:

The new intro is probably real depending on the validity of the episode list but considering that the episode synopses line up with the intro as well as the footage shown at Hascon this year, they're probably both real.

However, I consider Season 9 being the final season a maybe, but as of now it's just a rumor until we get official confirmation from Hasbro. My thoughts of the supposed MLP Movie sequel/G5 series prequel movie are the same.

I'm the most skeptical of the "G5 Concept Art" because I feel there's too much detail in them, which would make it hard to animate in 2D and I doubt Hasbro would want to invest in something that costly and time-consuming. This could just as easily be fan art passed off as a leak by an artistically talented troll, but the leaks over the last few years haven't been wrong before so there's that, and again, not 100% sure until official confirmation.

In-depth Fandom Talk Below

That being said, if the S9 and G5 rumors are true, it starts to bring up thoughts of what I'm gonna do when this show ends as well as whether I'll continue my love of the show through G5. While I don't necessarily want the show to go on forever (Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, and The Simpsons are good examples why), I wonder how I will react to the show ending given how much of my life its become a part of. MLP is the only show where I dived this far into the fandom, be it through merch, fan art, forums, etc. And that depth of involvement I've had makes its eventual end kind of scary and brings up a lot of questions. Will I continue to love the show when no new content is being made (in the case of the show at least, not comics or otherwise)? Will I continue to stay in the fandom with no new official content (again, referring mostly to the show)? Will I stay if I don't like the 5th Generation that will eventually take its place? Guess I won't truly know until it happens, and the best I can do is hope G4 ends on the best damn note the staff can possibly muster, hope the fandom stays strong after the fact, and hope G5 will follow the standard left by its predecessor and be just as good, if not better.

• Like 2

I beat you by a few hours but the mods nuked that thread.

Count down on this begins.

Until then: T R A P D R A G O N S

personally I think they'll g4 going for a while longer because merchandise and popularity 

if they do g5 it should look more refined then g3 

I didn't take any look on those leaks, I just trust what I've read from others.

And yeah, my ride is over.

I don't care about the episodes and characters of season 8. I don't give a damn about Spike, CMC, Chrysalis, Tirek or Discord. Celestia gets her own episode, but seriously, I  don't need

Jester Celestia doing the YES! YES! YES! dance. Fuck me!

Maybe, just maybe my ride continues with Generation 5

Maybe Unicorn Fluttershy in CGI will infect me again.

Edited by Swifty

Okay, here it goes:

1. Saw the leaked episodes and like a good chunk of them. Won't spoil them for those who want to wait (that, and I don't want to risk breaking any rules).

2. If the Applejack thing is true... why? Maybe it's me being completely burned out by stuff like DC and Marvel rebooting their stories and characters, but I'd rather they either improve the current characters and concepts and expand what's there or even just tear the whole thing down and start a completely new generation from scratch. New characters, new settings, etc.

1.) the leaked G5 concept art reminds me of Care Bears for some reason.

2.) WHY ISN'T TWI A UNICORN IN THIS CONCEPT ART!?

3.) A I THE ONLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY RECOGNIZED APPLEJACK!? 

I was thinking of watching the leaked episodes, but not only does the lack of music turn me off, but from what I looked at on YouTube, the episodes that are there are aren't specific with their episode numbers and I've only seen random numbers on the ones that do. I'd like to watch them in order and with music.

I haven't seen any of it and I don't think I care enough to want to ask for it.

I don't think I'll even be watching S8.

Because... you know... Dumpster Fire.

2 hours ago, LostSanity said:

I haven't seen any of it and I don't think I care enough to want to ask for it.

I don't think I'll even be watching S8.

Because... you know... Dumpster Fire.

Yeah, color me shocked. I mean it's not like you've talked about doing this for so long that you constantly talking about it (and seemingly not doing it by just as constantly stating how you're on the fence) doesn't seem like overcompensation.

• Like 2

Might not be a good idea to post the actual leaks in the thread. There's a reason I only discussed them as opposed to fully posting them or where they could be found.

The G5 concept art is just that. Very early concept art and it was over detailed for a purpose. Whatever G5 ends looking as , it won't be like the concept art. 

The Movie thing? The leaks only show discussions about if it should be 2019 or 2020. And main reason for 2020 suggestion is because Frozen 2 will be out in 2019. So really, next movie could easily be in 2021 or 2022 or not at all.   

Anything you know about email leaks, forget about it. It is nothing that was actually decided, just discussions. Worse, private discussions that went public. They can easily make complete change just because it was leaked. 

As for G4 ending well...we knew that years before the leaks actually. The extension happened after season 3, the season that was supposed to be the end. Every next season was pushing the date further and further but it was bound to stop eventually. 

8 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

They can easily make complete change just because it was leaked.

Yeah, I heard someone mention something similar. They said that because competitors could use this knowledge in their future plans that Hasbro might change their plans. However, I'm not any sort of businessman so I don't know whether this is possible or not. Hasbro may be too far in to change these plans even if they wanted to but we won't know until later next year at the earliest I'd say.

8 hours ago, Cinder Vel said:

As for G4 ending well...we knew that years before the leaks actually. The extension happened after season 3, the season that was supposed to be the end. Every next season was pushing the date further and further but it was bound to stop eventually. 

Yeah, it was bound to stop eventually, but we were only told that Season 3 was the original end date. After the extension, I don't think Hasbro thought about actually ending it for a while. I'm more under the impression they were planning on keeping it going for another couple seasons after the first extension and would decide on a final season later on and play it by ear. If they are actually planning in ending it, I am curious what prompted them to do so. Whether it be that the property isn't selling as well as they want or they just want to move on after having it go on for almost 10 years.

2 hours ago, PixelGrip94 said:

Hasbro may be too far in to change these plans even if they wanted to but we won't know until later next year at the earliest I'd say.

Doubt that they are that far really. Leaks are just discussions regarding Gen 5, just few emails showing glimpses of staff arguing over ideas.

2 hours ago, PixelGrip94 said:

Yeah, it was bound to stop eventually, but we were only told that Season 3 was the original end date. After the extension, I don't think Hasbro thought about actually ending it for a while. I'm more under the impression they were planning on keeping it going for another couple seasons after the first extension and would decide on a final season later on and play it by ear. If they are actually planning in ending it, I am curious what prompted them to do so. Whether it be that the property isn't selling as well as they want or they just want to move on after having it go on for almost 10 years.

Actually I heard somewhere that it was always going to be until 2019 since 2013 extension, but that's just hearsay. And well MLP already lasted a lot longer than most cartoons ever lasted, especially considering it wasn't made by the big guys like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network or Disney but by DHX. As for why well I have no idea, could be that they think a fresh line of toys is needed as they can't exactly resell same merchandise for over a decade. Or the original demographic is now too old and they want a fresh start with new young demographic. it's funny, the 6 year old girls that started watching the show are now 14 year old teens, the original demographic outgrew MLP.   

So more supposed G5 concept art has surfaced. I got a look at it (disclaimer: I didn't seek it out, I inadvertently saw it on an MLP fan page on Facebook) and considering the similar themes with the last piece of leaked art, I am starting to believe it really is G5 concept art.

That being said, it still could just be some artistically talented troll who feels like fanning the flames, but I doubt it. Based on my experience, this fandom doesn't seem to waste their time doing things like that for the sake of a long running joke.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 12:48 PM, LPS Monsterpawz said:

Hide contents

1.) the leaked G5 concept art reminds me of Care Bears for some reason.

2.) WHY ISN'T TWI A UNICORN IN THIS CONCEPT ART!?

3.) A I THE ONLY ONE WHO ACTUALLY RECOGNIZED APPLEJACK!? 

If you read the plot you will find out she is a unicorn. However the plot references merchandise a lot... And what is with Sundance pony a girl kiss in Meghan on the mouth. Barf bag.,. Getting to political for my taste. I'm Boycotting MLP ice this cheap attempt to throw A  political show at out and pimping a massive wave of merchandise,. Boooooo....,