8492nd

Now how do you feel now about the show now?

Feelings toward the future of pony  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the new seasons, movie sequel and g5 coming

• Gloom and doom. Someone give me poison to use on myself.
    • Neutral. Whatever happens happens.
    • I look forward to whatever comes.

Now do you feel it's gloom and doom, neutral, or a good beginning?
What with the rumors of g5, new seasons and movie sequel?

To a certain someone I know, don't bother answering these 2 questions. You've already become more than predictable.

Whatever happens... happens.

I like some of the leaked information. But the G5 information troubles me a bit. I only hope that things continue to develop over the next few years. And I'm confident that some things will be different.

I don’t care about G5 all that much. My loyalty is to this incarnation of these characters and not too much more.

I’m hopeful for seasons 8-9, but I’ve not been liking the show much lately, so I’m not going to commit 100% to watching them. 

Most of what I like about this show doesn’t translate very well to the big screen, so I’m still not very excited for any movies. If this one’s actually decent, then sure, I’ll be happy about that. I might watch it either way, though, just because it represents an overlap in my interests. 

I am going to be controversial. 

:gleepony:
I am still excited about the show! And awesome that season 9 is coming too!

Don't have an opinion about Gen 5 just as I have none for 3 or 1. And the Movie will be G5 so yeah I don't have feelings for it either.  

• Like 3

I try to be neutral. Of course my wish is that G4 continue as long as the Simpsons does. All seasons of mlp have bad episodes (imo), but the good ones worth so much and it's pretty difficult to accept it stops one day.

I'll enjoy the last few seasons of course. And I'm sure that the movie will be good, but I'm worried about the G5. Honestly, all fans are.

I know it will never be something close to G3. But still worried, the could try to re-focus the show on little girls if they consider that the bronies didn't worth it, with they insane creations which defiling the show, their dramas, their hard criticisms, ... And I'm sure the decisions-makers of Hasbro never been fully okay with bronies. I bet that their meetings was not very kind for these unexpected retarded adults watching and loving their licence targeting little girls since the 80s. I can still hear them laughing with their investors, full of contempt. They never tried to keep us in the show.

The team performing the show however... Have been understanding. But they are not the decision makers about My Little Pony©.

And like all the previous generations, it makes the old ones obsolete, it just no longer exist in the new generation, and I'm not totally comfortable with this idea for now.

But I still have hope for the G5, it could be a good show as well. After all, G4 was written by tons of scenarists, giving us a large panel of episodes.

Then I'm pretty neutral, I guess. I will give its chance to the G5, to the movie, and I think I'll enjoy the season 8-9 just like the other ones. Anyway I'm so addict that I couldn't avoid watching the G5. I watched the G1-2-3 and I found it horribly stupid and boring. Just because the title of these horrible shows was the same than my very favorite one.

In fact, I'm looking forward, no ? emote.RDlaugh.png

I've mentioned this before in another thread, but the short version is that as long as G4 ends on a good note, I'm neutral to what happens next. Best case scenario, the future of MLP works off of the standard set by G4 and G5 is just as good, if not better, than G4. In the case of the movie, I've heard that it's either a sequel or an introduction to G5. If the former, I hope that it's better than the first movie (while I like the movie, I could see why critics and non-fans found it meh); if it's the latter, then I hope it does as good of a job (or better) of setting things up for the series as the pilot episodes of FIM did.

I haven't checked out any spoilers out of principle (and I hope they catch the rat that leaked it, and ruined the MLP crew's Christmas in the process), but I've always been happy with what MLP has done and am looking forward to what this year has to offer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Snide Ways said:

I've always been happy with what MLP has done and am looking forward to what this year has to offer.

I can stand by this sentiment. Considering how much of a realistic/pessimistic/negative person that I am, I'm found MLP to be something that I'm usually pretty content with episode wise. Out of the entirety of the series, there's less than 10 episodes that I genuinely dislike and have a hard time watching. But for the most part, I'm able to find something good about almost every episode and feel the same sentiment will be present throughout the coming seasons. At least the coming seasons of FIM at least. If a G5 show comes along in the future, regardless of how near or far that may be, my opinion of it will have to wait until I get a decent sample size of episodes to judge it on.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2017 at 7:57 AM, Bakaarion said:

I'll enjoy the last few seasons of course. And I'm sure that the movie will be good, but I'm worried about the G5. Honestly, all fans are.

I

Fine. If EVERY SINGLE LAST one of the millions of fans in existence hate g5, then maybe you and everyone else should just stop watching pony. RIGHT. EFFING. NOW. If that's how you feel about it.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:57 AM, Bakaarion said:

But I still have hope for the G5, it could be a good show as well. After all, G4 was written by tons of scenarists, giving us a large panel of episodes.

Then I'm pretty neutral, I guess. I will give its chance to the G5, to the movie, and I think I'll enjoy the season 8-9 just like the other ones. Anyway I'm so addict that I couldn't avoid watching the G5. I watched the G1-2-3 and I found it horribly stupid and boring. Just because the title of these horrible shows was the same than my very favorite one.

In fact, I'm looking forward, no ? emote.RDlaugh.png

Great. What are you doing here exactly? Contradicting yourself or what? Elaborate please?

1 hour ago, 8492nd said:

Great. What are you doing here exactly? Contradicting yourself or what? Elaborate please?

My judgment and expectations are not Manichean. There is no contradiction in it.

Being worried doesn't mean hating by advance. And I've never said I will hate G5.

It's impossible to give any sort of real opinion about G5 at this stage. For one thing, we're not even sure if it exists yet. On top of that, even if it does exist, we haven't seen any of the content from G5 yet so it's not only impossible to give a truthful opinion, it's also hypocritical considering the impressions that many bronies had about the show before actually sitting down and giving it a chance.

Until a G5 show premieres, no one is sure of whether it will be good or not. Hell, even the staff of a G5 show may not know for certain. All they can do is do the best they can with what they're given. While I won't say that it's unjustified to be worried or excited about a G5 show, I will say that neither opinion will matter in the grand scheme of things because there's not enough to go on at this time. All we can do is wait.

• Like 2