8492nd

8492 personal blog

6 hours ago, 8492nd said:

If you saw me crying and I explained why, would you care to show some decency?

I'd probably try to

5 hours ago, 8492nd said:

Are you capable of being heartless towards others?

As a proud Imperial Japanese infantryman, yes, I am very capable of such deeds.

• Like 1

Hate me for this, but I consider I don't like it AT ALL for people choosing to leave the show for whatever reason. I feel SO betrayed and backstabbed.

It's like this. Watching the show is like a grand life journey or a monumental work project. Since day 1, you've toiled, pulled your weight, given your blood, sweat and tears to see the thing through to the end. And then you choose to just abandon it all after coming so far.

I am the type who sees things through to the end. I give my efforts meaning and I ABSOLUTELY HATE TO THINK THAT ALL THOSE YEARS DOING SOMETHING WAS A WASTE OF MY LIFE WHEN ALL IS SAID AND DONE. For me, seeing others jump ship is like saying they'll just throw away all their efforts without bothering to give their suffering meaning. It's sickening.

Does persistence mean nothing anymore? Oh wait. Yes it does. In fact it was meaningless a long time ago. At least to everyone else. But not me.

5 hours ago, 8492nd said:

Watching the show is like a grand life journey or a monumental work project. Since day 1, you've toiled, pulled your weight, given your blood, sweat and tears to see the thing through to the end.

I wouldn't say that watching the show takes a lot of effort for me, but I'm interested to hear your perspective on it. What makes it an effort/struggle as opposed to a simple pastime? Where does the suffering come from? And what meaning does it lose if you stop watching before the end of the show? If you were on your deathbed, having faithfully kept up with the show the whole time (it's on like season 76 in this scenario and still going strong), would you feel like you had wasted your life because you weren't going to be able to see it through to the end?

• Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 6:04 AM, Friendship is Horses said:

I wouldn't say that watching the show takes a lot of effort for me, but I'm interested to hear your perspective on it. What makes it an effort/struggle as opposed to a simple pastime? Where does the suffering come from? And what meaning does it lose if you stop watching before the end of the show? If you were on your deathbed, having faithfully kept up with the show the whole time (it's on like season 76 in this scenario and still going strong), would you feel like you had wasted your life because you weren't going to be able to see it through to the end?

For me this is an effort/struggle because I see myself as the worst person in the world when it comes to socializing. I've always been too shy and timid and unable to understand other humans. I've never been wired to socialize. Then MLP came along and I thought I could find hope to improve myself. To a degree I wanted to improve the world according to what the show was about. I didn't care if it was too big for me because that is what I wanted for the world.

The world is already a dark place with disgusting heads of state, wars, bullying in small-scale cases, people seeing others via stereotypes. I wanted to launch my own personal crusade to wipe every last trace of those things of the earth and establish a new order where only the values of the show were and are the law.

But all that happened for me was learned helplessness (psychology term, look it up). As I grew up, I impulsively reverted back to my shy, anti-social state no matter how many times I would try to be a mature socializer. I felt that there was no point anymore in trusting others, yet some part of me wanted to desperately regain those old bonds that I had when I enjoyed this or that with others.

The same comes with being in this fandom. I thought I would find my home here. But after the worldwide hatred towards seasons 6 and 7 and to the movie that we have been waiting so long for and that the staff have worked so hard on, this was my final stab in the back for me. Now fans of MLP, or pretty much anything, are nothing more than selfish, bigoted hypocrites who would sell off everyone for a penny. They would never hesitate to use anyone else for their own means of making this/that entertainment franchise go the way they want to.

I couldn't take all the hatred online anymore so that 's why I'm lashing out at every single thing that I perceive as a threat. Even here in these forums. Because I'm angry that the fandoms that I put faith in and admired so much all turn out to be monsters in the end.

If I stopped watching the show COMPLETELY, it would mean that all those years of just doing escapism were indeed wasted. And if I did continue where I left off, only then would I be satisfied. My principles are that if you like something, see it through to the end. Fucking period.

Do you want to just throw away your entire life being a sporadic nomad who might never find purpose in the world?

And what is the absolute final thing I should do? Listen to others' opinions and throw away my own so as not to be selfish in front of them? Or spend the rest of my life relying only on my own opinions, reject everyone else's because my opinions are how I've functioned properly up until now, even if it means being labeled as Satan himself?

Now I am being attacked by two conflicting sides.

One that says the fandom is the majority and that the majority always wins. Then the majority gets to make the law that must be followed to the letter otherwise you'll be branded as traitors and be hunted down and killed.

The other is that my shallow, childlike opinions are all I need to get by in the show, and that everyone else's opinions are nothing to me. Even if I die by their hand, at least I'll die being true to myself.

Impulse post.

I thought being online was already the world. People are being their ultimate selves, their heart of hearts. People online and their behavior; that's who they truly are.

All least favorite ponies/episodes should be killed off. Since everyone says something that already encompasses every pony and episode being the least favorite, every last one will be wiped off and there won't be anything left.

7 hours ago, Duo Maxwell said:

this is getting a bit out of hand don't you think?

Agreed! But as we learned from LostSanity, people are free to come to this forum and rant endlessly about the pet peeve of their choice, provided they don't call anyone else a mean name. This guy could clearly benefit from some therapy, but that's something he'll have to seek out for himself.

• Like 1