Steel Bass

Advice Needed.

Hello. I realize going into Christmas that I am not normal in any sense. not just that I am a brony, but much more than that. I feel alone and I feel unloved by anyone. I want to connect with someone. I want to have someone to talk with every night. I want to be able to pour my heart out to them without any filter. I want someone to love, and I can't find it. I know that this sounds stupid, and I have never been remotely affected by this, but for some reason, I want to have someone to be able to help me through tough times and to help them through them too. I want to be loved. I can't talk to anyone because I have really bad social anxiety, and my only friend I can talk to is in rehab. my family doesn't care and I don't know what to do. I don't want you to feel bad for me, but can anyone please give me advise. Thanks for even reading this.

• Like 1

I strongly recommend getting some therapy. There are people out there who can help you figure out how to cope with that social anxiety so that you can get out there and make some friends. Also, I don't know your situation, but maybe your family only seems like they don't care because they don't know that you're hurting. I would try opening up to them if you haven't done so already.

I believe making new friends here and in other places would be a wonderful thing for you, and feel free to open up to me about things. :D Don't be afraid!

You could use internet to talk to people, it's much less anxious than in real life. Talk to people, play with them on forums/discord/anything, fandoms are pretty good for that. You need to give people that you're talking about to know you and them they could become your friend if they appreciate who you are. That's not something that you can order.

9 hours ago, Lit Lamp said:

I believe making new friends here and in other places would be a wonderful thing for you, and feel free to open up to me about things. :D Don't be afraid!

3 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

You could use internet to talk to people, it's much less anxious than in real life. Talk to people, play with them on forums/discord/anything, fandoms are pretty good for that. You need to give people that you're talking about to know you and them they could become your friend if they appreciate who you are. That's not something that you can order.

11 hours ago, Friendship is Horses said:

I strongly recommend getting some therapy. There are people out there who can help you figure out how to cope with that social anxiety so that you can get out there and make some friends. Also, I don't know your situation, but maybe your family only seems like they don't care because they don't know that you're hurting. I would try opening up to them if you haven't done so already.

I find this to be all really sound advice, try putting yourself out there more in friendly environments as well as try to talk things out with people who are close to you, like family, but most of all I think it would be best to seek some professional assistance. These are some deep issues that don't have any easy answer, but you can still take baby steps on your own. Don't put so much pressure on yourself too, things get better when you put in the effort, just don't give up and don't be afraid to open up.

9 hours ago, AaronMk said:

Bars are cheaper.

This is a joke, I know, but don't attempt drinking your problems away. Trust me, not worth it, speaking from experience here.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WillDaBeard said:

This is a joke, I know, but don't attempt drinking your problems away. Trust me, not worth it, speaking from experience here.

>Implying it was ever about drinking the night away and not just going late at night to bitch and moan at the bar keeper or all who may listen while they're too inebriated to care or - in the employee's case - heard enough that they couldn't possibly judge if they wanted to.