Sign in to follow this  
Skyrazer

Starbound 1.0 and You! (Now with 100% more Everything!)

Starbound 1.0 is finally out and boy is it impressive. The original purpose of this thread remains and a Server is sort of set up, here are the nitty gritty details: 

Currently the Dedicated servers are very iffy and don't seem to cooperate with a client running along with them so the current server is a Listen one, however I'll be keeping it up and running as long as people want it up and will be playing. If you've got a messy schedule and want me to have it up at odd hours just send me a message and I'll make it happen. As this is a listen server the only way to join it is via Steam, if you have me in your friends list just join my game via Steam and it should send you on your way.

I'll be looking into a way to have the Dedicated server set up with a more permanent schedule once some updates come along for that.

As of right now the Servers it's running only two Mods, Fracking Universe and Songbook Extended, both off the workshop. 

The Pony Modpack is still not up to date with 1.0, so that will be added as soon as a stable version is available. If there's any other mods anyone wants to be thrown in here just holler and I'll look into it. 

• Like 1

Yeah I heard it was coming.

To be honest it looks interesting, but I'm still iffy on the whole "Terran Protectorate" thing.

It basically saying "It's cool everyone is friends now."

Something can be arranged if enough people are interested in playing together.

I'll try and organize things as best I can but people will have to inform me if they're interested.

Hell yes I would play.

Times I would play? I don't really have a stable time-frame, so... whenever.

Fewer mods, the more people would join because it is easier.

Communication? I guess?

Up all the time would be awesome because of my unstable schedule, but may not be entirely possible.

As far as communication goes we have discord, well in any case me and Sky can sort something out as we are pretty much in contact all the time, I'll make sure once the gear works start turning we work out all the details.

Righty, putting this on the ice until 1.0 drops, whenever that might be. I'll keep people posted once the update comes into view and we'll work out a server solution. 

As for mods the only ones I feel we'll really want would be the Pony Modpack and perhaps Mighty Music for the very extensive song library it adds.

• Like 1

Are those client side or server side?

Because personally I don't like the pony pack, as a lore nut I rather like keeping my games and ponies separate.

@Badshot

In almost all cases both. Mods need to be installed on both the client and server, however you can still join some servers without having all the mods that are installed on them (as long as said mods don't change core mechanics). That might be a bad idea since you'll be missing content the server has and it will tell your client to use assets that don't exist for it. As you can guess that often leads to issues like crashes, invisible and error items (Perfectly Generic Items), etc...

By no means is using a pony race necessary though, I've simply included them as a possibility since some people might want that as a race option, and it also includes music and misc. decor.

We'll probably start things off without any mods since 1.0 will very likely break most of them and authors will need time to update, but if enough people are interested we can have the pony modpack or other lightweight mods added, as long as it's kept tame so newcomers don't need to install a billion mods. 

1.0 is Released! I've got a server up and running on a Local client for the time being. Dedicated server seems a bit iffy and doesn't work with Steamworks so until that gets fixed anyone interested in hopping on can join me or @Light Landstrider via Steam. I'll be keeping the server up for as long as people want it.

18 hours ago, recentteen14 said:

They fucked my hotbar to the point it's almost unplayable with my muscle memory... Dammit Chucklefish.

Honestly the tool bar takes a little bit to get used to but it's not that bad.

Also Server I've got up now runs Fracking Universe and the Extended Songbook mod, anyone who wants to join will need those two. I'll be adding the Pony Modpack as soon as it's updated. If it's not letting anyone join you can feel free to yell at me or patronize me on Steam.

9 hours ago, Skyrazer said:

Honestly the tool bar takes a little bit to get used to but it's not that bad.

Also Server I've got up now runs Fracking Universe and the Extended Songbook mod, anyone who wants to join will need those two. I'll be adding the Pony Modpack as soon as it's updated. If it's not letting anyone join you can feel free to yell at me or patronize me on Steam.

I think that can be bypassed with allow mismatched mods or something in options. I don't know.

I hope it does, cause I don't like pony in my space adventures. I like to keep them separate.

20 minutes ago, Badshot said:

I think that can be bypassed with allow mismatched mods or something in options. I don't know.

I hope it does, cause I don't like pony in my space adventures. I like to keep them separate.

You don't want to enable Asset Mishmash, it will only leave you with 10k+ Perfectly Generic Items and a lot of Systems and Planets that will make you CTD instantly.

As for the Pony Modpack, it doesn't have a stable release yet and I'll be waiting until a stable one to add it, which will likely take at least another day.

In any case, no one aside from Light really shows up to it so I don't see why I really bother with this thread anyway.

3 hours ago, Nova S. Aurora said:

That moment when you make an unintended pun with your character.

Sounds like every Glitch name ever.:tada:

I end up having a pun in most of my characters's second names: Autumnroot, Sparkplug, Starflare... 

Was talking to Light Landstrider and found out about this thread today. He suggested I let people know I put up a post to note a server I have up.

It is one of the official servers and it has the Pony Mod Pack and Xbawks character creation mod. Both are on steam workshop and can be subscribed.

To connect, you will have to click in options to allow misaligned mod files. 

address PPGames.Playat.Ch

port 21025

So far its set up to support up to 8 people.