ultimateAI

What does VSP mean?

I saw the term used several times on User's PF2 thread attempting to redirect to FiG, and I didn't know where else I could find out.

Versus saxton Pony, a deviation from VSH, which is versus saxton hale, modified mod that is on ponyville.net, they seem to not have nothing but those kinds of servers, i tried it myself and i don't like it.. its everyone vs one person but i feel the meta in that mode is very bland, get to high ground and make sure the saxton cant jump to it. that's how i see it anyway. Not to mention the weapons are modified to do really strange things that will throw you off heavily like for example, equipping the scattergun will make you drain health at a constant rate.

Huh...well, at least when put that way, it does sound somewhat uninteresting. Honestly, I just wanna keep my true PF2 style MLP Heroes, though sometimes vanilla is good, too.

Versus saxton Pony, a deviation from VSH, which is versus saxton hale, modified mod that is on ponyville.net, they seem to not have nothing but those kinds of servers, i tried it myself and i don't like it.. its everyone vs one person but i feel the meta in that mode is very bland, get to high ground and make sure the saxton cant jump to it. that's how i see it anyway. Not to mention the weapons are modified to do really strange things that will throw you off heavily like for example, equipping the scattergun will make you drain health at a constant rate.

I think the scattergun is like that because of the amount of "hurr durr i'll run forever" scouts, so if you constantly try and do damage, you get HP back.

Not to mention I noticed many a time you couldn't recover ammo from the closet at spawn, ammo boxes, or dispensers (at least with the weapons I used, like the Backburner or Shotgun). All those weapons changes simply ruins everything for me, because it breaks all my setups, and with all the changes, it's near impossible to keep up with everything they've altered in order to make a fun setup.

With all the changes made in VSP, I sort of wonder why they don't just build the game from the ground up, similar to how TF2 Classic was made. That'd also insulate them from anything Valve does that would potentially break VSP.

He may have meant VPS which stands for Virtual Private Server. It is how we host our game servers.

Well I know "VSP" showed up several times in the thread, so probably not. It also appears to make more sense in context.

It was recommended to me that I create FiG's own special gameplay mod.

Will we ever see the likes of MLP Heroes again (or something really similar)?

I understand DragonLight made it and is not affiliated with this site, so I understand if we won't and am prepared to accept that.

We won't get the actual MLP Heroes mod. DL has made it abundantly clear he's not giving that mod out to anyone, ever. We may do our own special mod, but I don't personally know what Borg has in the pipeline.