SD13

Last to Post 3: Revenge

Hey, we got lucky A LOT that competition. The chain was the first time a problem didn't get solved when we had literally no more time left. We had A TON of close calls.

Yes, I keep in mind this robot falling in love for the arbiter emote.RDlaugh.png

Take my cube, it's my treasure, it's all that I own !

XD

Yeah, when we squared the inputs, it could only drive right and forward XD

I don't know why that ref wouldn't accept that confession of love. Jerk. XD

Figure of speech, I have some strategies, like ignoring the cubes and grabbing the other team's robots to throw them on the scales.

15 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

Figure of speech, I have some strategies, like ignoring the cubes and grabbing the other team's robots to throw them on the scales.

I'm not sure that's legal XD

Hey, how do you find my combo ?

Success rate : 10% on a static opponent. I need much more practice.

giphy.gif

Isn't a beautiful dance for eyes ?

Yes, after the 3 air hits, the opponent fall too heavily and then I miss the rest of the combo generally, because she stay on the ground. Plus the original combo never play that after the jump, you change side.

This is an intermediate level, the pro combos are insane !

It's a competitive game, so to have fun, you need some practice first, yes. But that's very gratifying, really.

Or you can play against other noobs mashing the buttons randomly like my sister emote.RDlaugh.png

Like any online game, there is a rank system so more you lose, more you play against people who lose.

Good! Sounds perfect for me XD

Wait... Lunar's gonna play it for a while....

Shit. I'm gonna fail for a long time when I play xD

Bah, Fighting is magic had a similar gameplay, you've never played it ?

It's preferable to play with a controller, I don't know how people playing with keyboard manage to play combos.

I use a x box controller.

I played the tribute edition on my computer against the CPU, but I always lost. Didn't understand the controls.

It's a system low hit, medium hit and heavy hit, with a 4th button for special attacks.

You cannot chain all the inputs in random order to perform a combo, and you can combine the direction stick to the 4 buttons to do different attacks.

By example, quarter circle + heavy button is a charge.

That's why pressing random buttons is not very effective because after hitting, your character has a recovery time to allow a new hit, and during this time you're totally vulnerable.

In FiM the combo was not given, so the game was pretty hard to understand, TFH is much more helpful to make you realize good basic combos (the beginner combos are pretty easy to do, and can be pretty strong). The inputs are given, and you can even make the computer show you how it works to try them. It's the mode I used to do this gif, you can see the inputs are crossed out when I do them with the good timing.

But that's not how video games work, at least for the last 20 years.

Because it's more satisfying to do something complicate than mashing like a monkey emote.RDlaugh.png