Shadow Dash

Last to Post 3: Revenge

France vs England... called it from day one. This should be fun >:3

For once, I honestly don't know who to root for XD

Yes, I realize England hasn't won yet... but it's bucking CROATIA XD

1 hour ago, Bakaarion said:

This kind of car still exist ? emote.RDlaugh.png

Yes they do. Thanks to our government Finland is the car dumpster of Europe.

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

You're looking for a winter car already? Seems a bit early

I'm going to buy a dirt cheap beater so I'll need few weeks to fix it up. Last year I had a French car but it broke when some old senile rear ended it. :angrytwi:

I don't know anything about cars, but this one make me think about an old American one. You know, like in those old trip movies.

30 minutes ago, Lilly said:

France vs England... called it from day one. This should be fun >:3

For once, I honestly don't know who to root for XD

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I think England will pass. Sadly emote.RDhide.png

But there is some surprises this time, like qualified Russia, and all the south America kicked out before half final. Russia don't know what is a ball, but they still won against a strong football nation aka Spain...

let's see that each flags with a cross in it will lose. Just look at Sweden, Switzerland, Sweden... , ... ENGLAND OF COURSE emote.RDlaugh.png

Whatever the country winning, people's problem will fly away from something like one week. The loser will dive into a deep depression.

21 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

I don't know anything about cars, but this one make me think about an old American one.

It depends what you consider old. I think it's fairly new. It looks like this but different color https://cdn.nettiauto.com/live/review/37612/chevrolet-fleetside-380f57f18e35ce46-large.jpg This is my summer car https://imgur.com/KTEKTrk  it's reliable and nice car but it burns lots of fuel during winter.

It's almost sad that I don't even get a chance to get all exited about football because my country suck at it. :sadpie:

Such a heavy cars, built when petrol was almost free... Also, why don't you sell it to buy one more resistant ?

36 minutes ago, Fintale said:

It's almost sad that I don't even get a chance to get all exited about football because my country suck at it. :sadpie:

Yes, I'm the only one here that enjoy it, but don't worry, Murica football team is worse emote.RDlaugh.png

22 hours ago, Lilly said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn't expect it either...

ggeargergaerg.png

Bye bye the queen emote.RDevil.png

4 minutes ago, Bakaarion said:

I didn't expect it either...

ggeargergaerg.png

Bye bye the queen emote.RDevil.png

Welp...

*waves baguette* Vive la France!!!

• Thanks 1

rainbow_dash_victory_by_omniferious-d45zWOOHOOOO !!!

Okay, I'm never, absolutely NEVER this nationalist, but this exception is too huge to contain it until the end of the world cup. 3rd time it happens since I'm born !!! emote.RDcute.png

And if we win, that would be the second time I see this golden cup in our hands ! And against Croatia, it may be easier than against England !

Bigger streets please !!!

Champs-Elysees-equipe-de-France_referenc

(Taken late yesterday, and all the cities were like that, even my little town, such an event)

You were implying that you are a nationalist but not THIS nationalist usually. Personally I don't see any problems with that but there are some people who are willing to declare you as a subhuman if you got a healthy amount of national pride in you. It might be just my stereotype of French people but I have the impression that all of you are somewhat nationalist and proud of your country. I hope you'll correct me if this isn't the case. :mlp_smile:

Yes, I don't like showing my pride this way because it can easily be seen as arrogance. I just allow it in this extremely rare exception because it's a huge thing, soccer-football has an international recognition. Even in USA it growing more and more (as both a national team and the number of licensed players, it's like if it becomes trendy), so the whole world allow this, somewhere, it happens each 4 years that the winners become this excessive.

And I can say I've never been excessive, I barely talk about France, I didn't even mention it in my big intro on these forums. The rare moments where I said something about France was because somepony else opened this topic. But right now, fak all of that, until we lose or win lol emote.RDsmile.png (I'm pretty sure it's the very first time I start the topic by myself)

12 hours ago, Fintale said:

It might be just my stereotype of French people but I have the impression that all of you are somewhat nationalist and proud of your country. I hope you'll correct me if this isn't the case. :mlp_smile:

Stereotype of arrogance ? I'd say kinda true, I usually find French arrogant. In France they are all "France sux, it' so bad, people are so dumb, switzerland do well, UK do well, Gerany do well, and Sweden is so fancy and wise". But when they meet strangers or across around other country they are like "France is ze best" emote.RDfacehoof.png

But finally behind the arrogance, I guess they are not hypocrite, and there is hidden kindness. A little talk with them, letting their arrogance out without judging them too hard, and they'll be you loyal friend, respecting you back.

I think the arrogance is like a defense mechanism very popular over here, and that hide a deep inferiority feeling, regard how the world changed, with those huge countries generating our own GDP in once of their state/region (Hello USA, China).

Thats my mixed analyze of studies, my own observations, and also strangers talking about their experiences in France.

And it shows why football is this important, it's the only one occasion where the whole country don't say itself it sucks suddenly, and I think people really need it. Somewhere it includes me.

SUPER AWESOME !

As a bear, I still got out of my dark apartment and celebrate it with people for hours !!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS !!!

My Luna, lats time it happened I was 8 and my little sister was born the same day so I've never knew it.

It's so awesome !!!!!

I took some pictures !

IMG_20180715_201705.jpg

Still hard to believe there is so many people in this ridiculous town. People hugged you randomly

--------------------

IMG_20180715_195952.jpg

Yeah man, you're stuck in that car for a while, have a good night.

----------------

IMG_20180715_195221.jpg

I took my phone too late for the hugs with cops, but that was so cool.

I'm jealous >W< America sucks at the sports y'all actually like, so the only time you can celebrate like that is when the home team wins our national championship.

And that doesn't happen in the northwest -_- We suck. It happened ONE TIME, but I'm too far from the city

But maybe it's for the best.... America's ego is inflated enough as it is. Enjoy your week of it. We're the only ones who can handle it year-round x3

Well, USA soccer football team progress more and more, I'd say that I would not be surprised if you play next world cup.

I heard that American playing soccer in club just exceeded those playing baseball. Keep an eye on it, just before the world cup they were some friendly matches, and one of them was USA - France and ended on an equality (1 - 1). I remember back to 2006, USA got qualified to play the world cup, and my dad said that they're more and more strong. I guess one day, it will happen, eventually.

And the football world cup is different, it's an instant where the whole world allow the winners to explode, and even go interview supporters in the cities in fire. That's the only one time where they're allowed to show a max ego and avoid a backfire emote.RDlaugh.png

Pheeeew, what a night, it's 1:30am and people still singing out loud in the street with their broken voices. The cities must be in fire. I wish everyone know one of these instant where wars, social level and opinions are totally nullified.

Our national team might get better, but at the end of the day, people just don't care about soccer. My local "club" is one of the best in our soccer league. But only one or two games a year are actually televised. It's just not popular. It's like hockey. Hockey is awesome. But it's Canada's sport. No one cares here.

We could win the whole thing. But the celebration would be nothing like yours.

Really ? Not even with the air army flying over the champion's bus ?

870x489_000_17q50i.jpg

Okay, okay, I stop, that was the last time emote.RDlaugh.png

I know that people don't very like soccer in USA, but no doubt that when they'll score high, people will start to support.

It's like, we have not this many of supporters usually, and I'm a part of them casual supporters who just follow the world cup. Trust me, the true football supporters are like 15 or 20% of people that celebrated on the street. If we lost the final, they would be the only one to celebrate.

I would be surprised that soccer will suddenly stop to grow up in Murica, players of supporters. Both are kinda linked anyway.

On 7/9/2018 at 3:39 AM, Bakaarion said:

emote.RDproud2.png Oh I wouldn't like to be in a world where muscles are easy to get.

Hmmm, I'm questioning myself about this kind of existential questions. But it's more about a home NAS server currently. Maybe should we answer for each other ? Problem solved emote.RDlaugh.png

Which answers should we give each other? :awesomecheer:

19 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

I don't know, I don't know anything about guns emote.RDlaugh.png

I'll teach you everything you need to know.

Bang, bang, bang-bang-bang-bang! Shoot, shoot, shoot. Bullet, bullet, gun.

Man I'm getting drunk. :awesomecheer:  I'm at a motorcycle meet in northern Finland, there's lots and lots of soviet built motorcycles here. I'll upload some images later if you want.