Shadow Dash

Last to Post 3: Revenge

These can apparently still be obtained cheaply in Canada:

They cost quite a bit more over here in the US, as they haven't been imported since 1994. However, the magazines of the SVT-40 rifles in the USA still have their original 10 round capacity.

It's a stylized hockey cross, look better, they are Canadian.

Perhaps Lilly can take a plane to Canada to see this friend of yours. :awesomecheer:

Be serious, do you see me sending a filly to an unknown ?

@Fintale You avatar is illegal according to the new copyright law, article 13. I'm serious.

And mine too. Twice illegal.

On 11/19/2018 at 11:12 PM, Bakaarion said:

You avatar is illegal according to the new copyright law, article 13. I'm serious.

And mine too.

Piece by piece EU takes away our freedoms. :sadpie: Did I do something horrible in previous life and was sentenced to a life in Europe? No wonder why the EU has a nickname "EUvostoliitto" here in Finland. If you add an "N" in the beginning (=Neuvostoliitto) it becomes Soviet Union in Finnish. They are sure starting to act like one. Planning an army for the EU and trying to get citicens to give away their firearms.

Do you wanna know the irony ? It's that the voters had no idea about what they were voting for. It's obvious that they don't read the laws they vote and just check the summary from their secretary.

We've questioned some of the voters here, and they couldn't say what it was about accurately, and had absolutely no idea of the consequences all over internet. That's the world where we are, led by monkeys.

The second irony is that this copyright law will also make the industry weaker, because a huge part of their advertising is from internet users (youtube, twitch, ....). Monkey combo !

emote.RDlaugh2.png They live in a world where Fortnite would only work if they only broadcasted some ads on TV.

The truth is that UE hates the GAFAM and that law will allow to sue them many time for anything. They already tried to make them only pay huge taxes. That's possibly a childish answer due to the new American taxes from importations this year.

So ponies will be blocked for sure, quick, download all the brony stuffs and episodes !

I'm not sure if this joke translates well but let's try. I laughed my butt off when I heard it.

Which of the following are you allowed to control when under the influence of alcohol?

A. A car

B. A moped

C. The European Union.

:ajlol:

It's sad that the EU doesn't know how to make money their own. Instead they are just trying to fine and sue big American corporations in hopes for money. Finnish media has already give me nightmares (nightmare, sounds like a ponified word :D) with their news about how Google etc. might block European consumers altogether due to this copyright law. That's unfair! We haven't even voted for those idiots making the decisions for us. :angrytwi:

On 11/19/2018 at 3:12 PM, Bakaarion said:

It's a stylized hockey cross, look better, they are Canadian.

Be serious, do you see me sending a filly to an unknown ?

You need to find time to go to Canada yourself someday. :awesomecheer:

I have been getting paid to process .30-06 brass (I love holiday pay). :happybonbon: Furthermore, the brass has required minimal trimming. 

emote.RDdontunderstand.png WTF ?

3 hours ago, Fintale said:

I'm not sure if this joke translates well but let's try. I laughed my butt off when I heard it.

Which of the following are you allowed to control when under the influence of alcohol?

A. A car

B. A moped

C. The European Union.

:ajlol:

emote.RDlaugh2.pngJean-Claude Juncker. The KING !

you can do the same type of joke with "criminal record". You can't be cashier, but no problem to work at the parliament.

1 hour ago, M2 Ball said:

You need to find time to go to Canada yourself someday. :awesomecheer:

Ah, I will, probably. I don't especially like travels, but I have people to see over there.

1 hour ago, Bakaarion said:

emote.RDlaugh2.pngJean-Claude Juncker. The KING !

you can do the same type of joke with "criminal record". You can't be cashier, but no problem to work at the parliament. 

Someone with a sense of humor.:huzzah: It's the same here. If you screw up badly in our government you can always choose to work for the European parliament.  To be honest I think my dirty laundry would be more competent for the job.  Maybe I should apply myself. It seems like an easy job with high salary and no responsibilities. Not to mention my tendencies towards alcoholism.  Or maybe we should ask 'Murica to kindly deliver some freedom to bruxelles. There's hardcore commies and lots and lots of oil there. :ajlie: I'm sure they dont' have all those ICBMs just to scare people off?

Yes, now it's very clear, the world war 3 will be a civil war. More and more people in Europe vote for extreme right nationalist that reject immigrants and EU, and people rage everywhere because the life cost increase, unlike the salaries. While rich people cheat to get more and more money from public money. Just this month, we've realized that a bunch of lawers legally used a flaw to get hundreds of billions from EU taxes, and they'll never be sued. Also the Renault's CEO Carlos Gones has been arrested because of money laudering and personal use of the society.

Here the government added a new tax on fuel, just for people (trucks, planes not impacted), and they said "that's for ecology". So that's one week that the country is blocked because people block all the roads, everywhere. There is actually one dead and dozen of injured, but they keep block the roads. That's curious because for once, those blockers are not from one political party, and totally not led. It's just people from everywhere that are very angry at everything from the government, including EU laws.

Gilets%20jaunes_4.jpg?itok=udN2wB1n

They actually block more than a thousand of roads since monday.

Revolution soon ? At least, times they are changing.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:54 PM, Bakaarion said:

Ah, I will, probably. I don't especially like travels, but I have people to see over there.

I don't know when I will get around to traveling again.  For the time being, I am going to focus on paying off student loans and personal debt, but that will probably take me at least another five to seven years.  If I do any kind of traveling, it will probably we within the United States as opposed to going abroad. 

Yes, I have no debts, but not enough save for a transatlantic travel either.

I think I'd need $2500 as minimum to go to Canada for a few days.

On 11/27/2018 at 11:04 AM, Bakaarion said:

Yes, I have no debts, but not enough save for a transatlantic travel either.

I think I'd need $2500 as minimum to go to Canada for a few days.

It will be awhile before I can afford to travel overseas. Additionally, I do feel somewhat foolish going to a place where I am not fluent in the language spoken there. The learning of foreign languages isn’t promoted too heavily in the United States (many people will take foreign language courses in high school, but those courses won’t get one anywhere near fluency of a given language), and I don’t have time to immerse myself in language lessons for hours a day to get to that level.

Yes, dedication to speak a foreign language is huge, most of people that want to learn one underestimate it strongly.

Also... When your native language is English, I think that you can travel almost everywhere, people know English more and more, and it's usually required to work in a touristic related job. (guide, receptionist, ...). For what I know, speaking English is a good plus to work everywhere when you have to converse, even a bit, with people.

So imo you always can find somebody that speak English. I traveled over Spain, Italia, Germany and I've never had a big problem with communication, in despite I don't speak any word of these. People can even understand you if you use one basic word in English to explain your need, when they don't speak your language at all. Many languages have common words and mime can help a lot.

I think that should not be a barrier. The cost is emote.RDlaugh.png

Is there anything better than winter and a rear wheel drive car? Well, there is. It's called summer. I think my car is trying to assassinate me and it's making it awfully enjoyable while doing it. :awesomecheer: There is "slight" traction issues especially when the engine is not warmed up and it's running high idle speed.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, Bakaarion said:

Yes, dedication to speak a foreign language is huge, most of people that want to learn one underestimate it strongly.

Also... When your native language is English, I think that you can travel almost everywhere, people know English more and more, and it's usually required to work in a touristic related job. (guide, receptionist, ...). For what I know, speaking English is a good plus to work everywhere when you have to converse, even a bit, with people.

So imo you always can find somebody that speak English. I traveled over Spain, Italia, Germany and I've never had a big problem with communication, in despite I don't speak any word of these. People can even understand you if you use one basic word in English to explain your need, when they don't speak your language at all. Many languages have common words and mime can help a lot.

I think that should not be a barrier. The cost is emote.RDlaugh.png

I have heard of English being alingua franca being used throughout Europe, but it still does seem a bit odd going somewhere where I don’t know the native language. Perhaps it’s because I have seen an odd aversion to foreign languages (and even the metric system, which is ridiculously easy to use) over here in the United States, and I don’t want to make it look like I harbor such aversion myself. Additionally, it would be nice to be able to communicate with someone whose grasp of English wasn’t very good. Of course, the difficulty lies in finding time to immerse myself in a foreign language for a few hours each day. It would be more practical for me to learn Spanish over here in the US, but admittedly, I prefer German. However, aside from a small handful of teachers, academics, and dedicated autodidacts, one will be hard pressed to find German speakers in the US. 

Nowadays, one can find language immersion programs in some American primary schools (these kids can spend their entire K-6 education doing most of their coursework in a foreign language). I wish they had such programs back when I was a kid! 

Yes, ah, kids nowadays emote.RDlaugh.png

Yes, English is even lingua franca all over internet, not just in Europe. But I understand, I remember a few years ago, I was a bit afraid by subscribing English stuffs (games, forums) in order to improve it. I remember when I subscribed this forum, I wasn't certain that my poor English won't annoy people after 50 messages. And each time you go in a foreign place, you think what if... What if... What if...

Now I'm going to Germany next July, and I won't learn German, I'm absolutely certain that all will be fine, at the convention or at the hotel. And I'm not even a good English speaker (I write much better than I talk, and as you see my English is not flawless).

I think people know that learning a language require a lot of time. We all learned a foreign language at school, and remember how we were bad. At least in Europe, 100% of pupils have to study a foreign language before leaving school. A large part of them will never speak that language and forget everything after some years, but at least they know how difficult it is, so nobody would blame you.

On 1/14/2019 at 1:14 AM, Mystic Thunder said:

Is it just me, or is this site as a whole starting to just die off?... literally only 4 people online right before I posted this

Sadly, it really does.

But i'll try to keep this site as alive as possible when i'm here. Even after G4 ends. I love it here.

1 hour ago, leonbrony17 said:

Sadly, it really does.

But i'll try to keep this site as alive as possible when i'm here. Even after G4 ends. I love it here.

NGL, I have pretty high hopes for G5. Not "equal or better fandom growth to G4" level hopes, but definitely hopes of a revival

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mystic Thunder said:

NGL, I have pretty high hopes for G5. Not "equal or better fandom growth to G4" level hopes, but definitely hopes of a revival

Revival? It's not like the fandom is dead or close to it. At least in my opinion and i could be wrong about that. On it's way out and pretty weak would i say.

I just hope the G4 finale will not disappoint. And G5, i'm sure when the first episodes come out, a lot of people will compare it to G4 and say how it's inferior or out of character or weird. I'll look forward to G5 with an open mind.

10 hours ago, leonbrony17 said:

Revival? It's not like the fandom is dead or close to it. At least in my opinion and i could be wrong about that. On it's way out and pretty weak would i say.

I mean, to put it nicely, it feels like the fandom is on the bleed out timer after being downed... not dead, but definitely headed there if nobody picks it up. Either way, this fandom and myself are not too dissimilar; we are both shadows of what we once were. The only real difference is that we know for a fact G5 will happen so the fandom has a chance for a reprise, whilst I'm pretty much permanently irrelevant...