Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SugarSweet

Terraria Help

So...  I'm stuck. I'm having trouble beating any of the mechanical bosses. Is there any equipment and/or weapons anyone would recommend? Methods? Anyone just wanna join and help me fight it? :D

If you're playing alone, focus on one class like Ranger or Mage. I would recommend Ranger with some minions and make a ton of potions. You can manage the battle with Crystal Bullets and the Clockwork Assault Rifle and up.

3 hours ago, Pinkierawr said:

So...  I'm stuck. I'm having trouble beating any of the mechanical bosses. Is there any equipment and/or weapons anyone would recommend? Methods? Anyone just wanna join and help me fight it? :D

I don't want to make things too easy for you, but I do recommend having adamantite / Titanium (depending on what hardmode ores you got in your world and what weapon you're using) armor and some buff potions like Ironskin, Food, endurance, heartreach, regeneration, lifeforce, and thorns. If you're using melee weapon, Use bladetongue to help you there or if you can't get bladetongue, make some ichor flasks, and If you're using ranged weapon, make some ichor arrows or ammo or holy arrows (if that is if your world has crimson). Daedalus Stormbow should be your anti-air weapon against the twins and skeletron prime. The weapons may vary by mechanical bosses you're fighting against. As for Accessories, I would say Charm of myths, Star Veil, Obsidian or Ankh Shield, Emblem or Fire Gauntlets (depending on what weapon you're using), and Wings (for mobility).

If you're like me and do melee builds, go for Charm of Myths, Star Veil, Obby/Ankh Shield depending on how much grinding you're willing/able to do, Wings, and your choice for the last accessory- I like Fire Gauntlets personally, but Paladin's Shield is a good choice if you need the extra defense. Take the best armor you can obtain, get the True Night's Edge (Or the Terra Blade if you have a friend that can get you the materials you need to get True Excalibur early), make sure your gear is all prepped ahead of time, get the best health pots, I personally don't bother with buff pots- you really don't need them against the mechanical bosses unless you're taking on more then one at a time, but you can get them if you want to, and get at least 400 hp. Other then that, I'd say build a pillar of dirt, stone, or hang a rope from a floating island all the way down to surface. Trust me- a pillar or rope that goes high into the sky is always EXTREMELY valuable against bosses, regardless of your build. It can give you the edge you need just because it'll let you jump out of combat for a few seconds to let your potion CDs refresh.

If you're doing a non melee character, then I'd still say get Charm of Myths and Wings, the best gear/pots you can get your hands on, 400 hp, and the pillar. No matter what build you're going, all of these things are valuable to any character fighting bosses.