the pony mask

your favrite n 64 game

I'm personally more of a fan of Ocarina of Time (which is still my favorite Zelda game), but after playing through it three times I guess Majora's Mask isn't that bad. The 72-hour time limit is a bit annoying but it's not that bad with the Inverted Song of Time. And the atmosphere of Ikana Canyon is really pretty awesome.

But my favorite Nintendo 64 game pretty much comes down to these four:

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Yoshi's Story
Mario Party

They were all tons of fun and had a lot of nostalgia factor. I think my favorite is Mario Kart 64 just because I had so much fun playing it with friends back in 1997-99. It's hard to believe that it's almost 20 years ago. D:

Speaking as a huge Zelda fan, I could never get into Majora's Mask, no matter how I tried.

As for my favourite N64 game, like most of my favourite things it switches on a regular basis, but for now I'll say Banjo-Tooie.

My favoritt n64 game was conker's bad fur day and golden eye, i love the zelda games too, but conker was more fun ^^

Donkey Kong 64, hands down. I never got to finish it though and I wish with all of my heart that they'd remake/port it to the 3DS like they did for Super Mario 64 for the original DS.

7 hours ago, Aurora Wolf said:

My favorite N64 game is the original Paper Mario. If only the Paper Mario games after Thousand Year Door were as great as their predecessors.

This^

I remember Bomberman 64: The Second Attack fondly. Also the original Paper Mario was great, though I don't remember it as well as Thousand Year Door. Super Mario 64 was a great step forward for platforming, and I wanna say something about Banjo-Kazooie and -Tooie but I don't remember 'em that well.

I vaguely remember renting Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon a few times when I was younger and liking it, though I couldn't tell you anything about it.

Also, Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards had a double-edged lightsaber and a firesword, and was generally a great game.

Overall, I'd go with either Super Smash Bros (the original flavor, and although I wish certain things from later installments were there (Ness's multi-hit Forward Air, Captain Falcon's Knee, better Luigi, Side-Bs, some other stuff), I greatly enjoy its simplicity) or Donkey Kong 64 (I really loved it, and I remember it to this day, though part of that is due to the DK Rap being stuck in my head forever) for my overall favorite N64 game.

Now I'm getting all nostalgic...

Without a doubt, F-Zero X.  The adrenaline rush of going 3000 Miles Per Hour, the memorable cast of characters, the heavy metal soundtrack that I still bang my beak to !  AND THE GREATEST CAPTAIN YOU COULD ASK FOR, the mighty CAPTAIN FALCON ! Show me your moves !

On 9/3/2016 at 5:40 PM, Aurora Wolf said:

My favorite N64 game is the original Paper Mario. If only the Paper Mario games after Thousand Year Door were as great as their predecessors.

Idk man, Super Paper Mario was pretty freaking amazing.

Super smash bros, however I did get stuck on MM in the deku scrub part. in my defence, I was 7.

I'm going to be unoriginal and say Ocarina of Time with Majora's Mask as a close second.

There is one obscure N64 game that stuck in my mind though. Its called Wonder Project J2. Nintendo Power had a brief article on it back in the day, but the game never released anywhere outside of Japan.

It was this sort of sim where you had to look after a robotic girl whose creator dies at the beginning of the game. You could have conversations with her in-game, but you were limited to yes or no responses. It was kind of limiting, but it was entertaining nevertheless.

I played so many Nintendo 64 games either on the original course or through the Virtual Console service that the Wii had, yet the one that I keep on coming back to be it through playing it, watching others play it, or listening to its incredible soundtrack is Paper Mario--The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask does come very close but doesn't quite make it to the finish line. Despite the sequels being hit and miss experiences depending on what game you refer to, the original Paper Mario stands out as being a memorable classic that reinvents both the RPG genre and the Mario brand.

Yoshi's Story, Pokemon Snap (I could get max points for Mew by hitting it with apples repeatedly until I got close enough to snap a pic at max size and centered for double points) Smash Bros., and Super Mario 64. Honorable mentions Pokemon Stadium 2, Starfox 64, and Mario Kart 64.