8492nd

Do you really hate Hasbro?

Do you hate Hasbro?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. IF you want to overthrow Hasbro, how do you want it to happen?

• Find a way to make the company go bankrupt
    • Actively and physcially attack the people in high positions
    • Burn a company owned building or merchandise to send a message
    • "Rescue the staff" by having bronies establish their own company where all the staff are free to decide by themselves, and make MLP the god-tier show it deserves to be
    • Demonstrate and riot in the streets all across the country.
    • Do nothing. I actually don't hate Hasbro. Doing any of these choices above will guarantee me a long-term, if not eternal, life in prison.

Question speaks for itself. I've already met people right here who explicitly say they hate the company (not going to disclose names).

They've already called them "selfish, corrupt, venomous, holier-than-thou, money kissing, corporate pigs" who can never care any less about how their customers, especially bronies, see them. They don't care if the audience is satisfied or not. They don't care if their franchises are high or low quality. As long as "we blindly follow them and say they're right" they'll continue to rob us of our hard-earned finances.

For them, this is even made worse by the fact that the entirety of the pony staff are all just expendable tools, made to bend to the company's whims and are thrown away when broken.

Another argument against Hasbro is that the people in high positions are the ones responsible for why there are horrible episodes, or Twi getting wings, or Starlight existing, or Flurry Heart being born. These don't come to be for a story. These come to be to sell merchandise and making money, and that already is one of the most immoral, inhumane  things ever done.

They take sacred things like storytelling, acting, animation, music composition, and writing, and pervert these things into things that can easily be bought by paper bills.

Now these are the arguments that I observed why people hate Hasbro. Bottom line is, people hate the company for not making pony a god-tier show. They should be overthrown, and let all these artistic components be done for the sake of it, free from the scourge of finance, for you can't ever replace art like in pony.

Do you want Hasbro to fall or not? And why?

#4 and #6 sound the most reasonable.

#1-3 and #5 sound like things Trevor Philips (GTA V) would do if somebody at Hasbro called him a motherf***er.

• Like 1

All of them except the last one are overreactions.

Honestly, I don't like Hasbro very much, but hating them is way too strong. I don't hate them.

It's not for using the show to sell toys, I'm okay with that. I'm pretty okay when the marketing leads the scenario, most of time. I just don't appreciate their lack of reactions about bronies, which mean that they are not very comfortable about them. It shows that they have low esteem for bronies, except for their money.

Thankfully, Hasbro is not one and unique person, which means that has to be tempered. Hasbro is not something evil. Neither awesome.

Let's see. The choices range from stupid to criminally insane territory. Overreaction over a kid's show doesn't even begin to describe it. Not that it would be ok if it wasn't kids show, sounds more like something one would do against oppressive dictatorship.

I don't hate Hasbro. I don't have feelings for a corporation. They are just making products for consumers and in return they get profit, like everyone else in a capitalist society. Nothing immoral about that. Funny thing is that Hasbro doesn't really even meddle that much with Show production, relatively speaking. Yes they make occasional demand for a toy placement in the show but as far we know, that's it. At best you can dig up some old details like asking Celestia to be a princess instead of queen and Cadance being an alicorn instead of unicorn.

Also I feel it is wrong to blame Hasbro for inclusion of Starlight, she was the show's creation. And the Wings Incident episode was supposed to be the last one but hey Hasbro decided to add 5+ seasons, how horrible of them. No idea about baby, but they did foreshadow it in season before so it isn't sudden addition. But none of these 3 things were added just for the sake of adding things. Starlight was added because when a show lasts a certain length a new character is introduced to spice things up (and the add character had a lot of story);
Wings incident was meant to be the crowning achievement for Twilight and an ending on a high note, but since ending didn't happen Twilight entered a new chapter in her life-story. Was awkward transition because it wasn't exactly planed;
As for baby well it is natural conclusion that a married couple has sex and that tends lead to babies. It is natural progression for married couple. 

9 hours ago, Bakaarion said:

I just don't appreciate their lack of reactions about bronies, which mean that they are not very comfortable about them. It shows that they have low esteem for bronies, except for their money.

Honestly I don't think this is the case. Yes, they don't cater specifically to brony audience because at the end of the day they are the minor part of the overall MLP audience, no mater how much bronies think they are entitled. But they do care, they make small changes to the franchise such as moving from girly pink to the neutral purple in order to be more inclusive to the male demographic. Also creation of Guardians of Harmony toyline. MLP Movie even had higher age rating than the show. And hey Hasbro even hosted a grand convention last year. There probably are more things but I only care about the show so I don't follow pony marketing or events. And the Show staff definitely cares about bronies. 

Sure, Hasbro was slow to react to unforeseen demographic because marketing is planed years in advance and they were caught off guard. Maybe they could do more, true enough. I have no idea personally what they can do, they are a toy and tabletop gaming making company. Add pony action figures?

• Like 2

mind if I butt in?

Hasbro like any other company has to make money one way or another

overreacting doesn't help here 

this doesn't mean they're evil

just because they've made a few mistakes

doesn't mean we hold them against Hasbro

that's all I have to say on this

• Like 1