Cyber Commander

Overwatch Actually Open Beta

So it has begun. Everyone will actually get there hands on Overwatch soon so here is an official thread for discussing how it is going. I got and earlier access code and so far I am really enjoying it.

Yeah, I spent most of yesterday playing it. (After realizing that the beta opened earlier than midnight)

The only gripe I had about it early on (compared to the stress test) was getting matched with a LOT of terrible players. At least for the first 5 levels in or so. Kinda hard to play as a team when they're allergic to the objective or scattered to the winds playing TDM.

I was also on Cyber's team for a bit. Overall, it's a great game! It's very unlike TF2, though, so the tendency to compare the two should be a bit more tame than how I feel it currently is.

Right now my favorite character is Tracer.

I am still predicting that the hyp will die and people will mostly forget.

Especially with the recent habits of public betas. Ya'll gonna be playing an effectively incomplete game and by the time it is finished there'll be no shits left for it as everyone settles down to their old ways, or their new ways. And then the next big thing will come out.

17 minutes ago, AaronMk said:

I am still predicting that the hyp will die and people will mostly forget.

Especially with the recent habits of public betas. Ya'll gonna be playing an effectively incomplete game and by the time it is finished there'll be no shits left for it as everyone settles down to their old ways, or their new ways. And then the next big thing will come out.

You must be fun at parties...

Keep in mind this thread is mostly about those that have, are or will play the game, so perhaps what you said isn't really relevant, unless you have played the game in witch case disregard anything I said.

3 hours ago, LegendaryR'QA said:

I disagree. I think people don't compare it enough.

I think people should compare them for the purpose of pointing out their differences.

So far, I'm not enjoying it as much as I would like compared to Battleborn. If I actually had a group to play with, maybe I'd enjoy it a bit better.

Well, if you've got it on PC, feel free to add me at Dawnshatter#1647. 

Kinda glad I have a handle on a quite few more heroes compared to just Reaper, Junkrat, Zenyatta, and Lucio during the Stress test. XD

Played it today, Mercy is as fun as I hoped, and found out shes German, that's a bonus.

I'm also loving D.VA, she is so fun to play.

1 hour ago, Badshot said:

Played it today, Mercy is as fun as I hoped, and found out shes German, that's a bonus.

I'm also loving D.VA, she is so fun to play.

SHE'S SWISS!

Why does everyone get it wrong :cry:

Game is a lot of fun though, definitely picking up the base version of it at the end of the beta.

Yeah, I thought she was German too after the big Blizzcon reveal - but then I looked up her bio on the website. (blame the deceptively similar accent and that she's basically a medic parallel) The GERMAN hero is actually old man Reinhardt.

Here's a list of heroes I can play decently at this point:

Tank: Zarya, Reinhardt. (I can play Roadhog or Winston too, but I'm not as consistent with them)

Offense: Pharah, Reaper, 76, McCree (Still fine tuning Genji, but it's fun to annihilate bad bastions as him)

Defense: Junkrat, Widowmaker, Torbjorn 

Support: Still Lucio and Zenyatta (I want to get better as Mercy, but I don't get any opportunities to really play her. Symmetra is great, but its hard to set up a consistent defense once your big nest gets taken down)

Best overall? Probably Lucio and Zarya.

Probably the thing I hate the most is when I selflessly go tank or support on offense, I make an opening or a great play, and the team just sits back. Some games, your team is just allergic to the objective, despite all the prodding and questioning you may do. It's also pretty funny that people are so collectively BAD at downing Bastion (or even Torbjorn) - even more hilarious if we have a Pharah, Junkrat, or Widowmaker and they still fail.

6 hours ago, Light Landstrider said:

SHE'S SWISS!

Why does everyone get it wrong :cry:

Game is a lot of fun though, definitely picking up the base version of it at the end of the beta.

Well she says Danke dammit. Kinda easy to confuse if she says the German word for thanks

23 minutes ago, Badshot said:

Well she says Danke dammit. Kinda easy to confuse if she says the German word for thanks

Swiss speak german too.

I'll try the game tomorrow. Not sure to pick it, no story mode means no singleplayer fun.

If anyone wants to add me, my Battle.net ID is TokiZensekai#1848

So far I'm really good with Bastion, Widowmaker, and half decent with McCree. (Although I REALLY want to get good with Reaper :cry:)

2 hours ago, TheBakaProject said:

Swiss speak german too.

I'll try the game tomorrow. Not sure to pick it, no story mode means no singleplayer fun.

Well I didn't know that, sue me.

Anywho... if anyone wants to party up. BadShot#1663

1 hour ago, Badshot said:

Well I didn't know that, sue me.

They also speak French and Italian in the event you didn't know that either.

4 hours ago, Toki Zensekai said:

If anyone wants to add me, my Battle.net ID is TokiZensekai#1848

So far I'm really good with Bastion, Widowmaker, and half decent with McCree. (Although I REALLY want to get good with Reaper :cry:)

I can't find you for some reason...

1 hour ago, TheBakaProject said:

So far so good, i'm really good with D.Va, Tracer and somewhat good with Torbjörn and Mei.

Also Reaper is overrated.

Speaking of D.VA I got a B.VA skin from a lootbox, looks sick.

Also I had a match in the Hollywood map, we were attacking and the entire defense team went Bastion and just mowed us down as we came out the door. It was hilarious.

But hey I popped my defense matrix and got an achievement for blocking damage, so that's nice.

My Battle.net tag is: Surplus#11697 If you want to add me.

I love almost all of the offensive classes. And Hanzo is great to play as. I'm definitely getting this game.